Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I've been running Amsoil 10w40 in my r6 and I'm having a hard time finding it locally recently. Is there anything bad about switching oils? Also does anyone have any suggestions about using Amsoil vs yamalube?

·
Motosylum Racing #132
911 Posts
Nope. Switch at will. As long as they meet the specs for your engine.
Why not just order the oil/ filter and have it shipped right to your door? Even after the preferred customer fee and shipping it ends up costing the same or less than Yamalube. Especially if you compare synthetic Yamaha oil. I order oil for all the vehicles at once and the shipping doesn't go up much. Sure it sucks to pay that much at one time but it is cheaper in the long run.

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts
Just go by any auto parts store like Autozone or Advance auto and pick up some Mobile1 4T motorcycle oil and a Mobile1 M1-108 oil filter.

I used Yamalube for the first 18k miles on my bike and noticed carbon buildup on the intake valves starting to form. I then switch to Amsoil for a couple of oil changes. Now I just run the Mobile1 4T because it's readily available and it's also one of the best oils you can use. I'm now at 60k miles and the intakes valves are clean as a whistle.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
i use peanut oil. my exhaust smells like french fries...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've switched and can never tell any difference... I really don't think it matters as long as the correct weight is used. Used both with good results. Same results as I've had with motul and any other brand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts