Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't typically ride at night and thus use a smoked visor on my helmet.

I do however want to be able to have the clear visor available if I'm out past dusk. I don't always have or want to wear a backpack so I was thinking of ways to keep the visor with the bike.

My idea is to mount it behind the windscreen... that spot makes the most sense and it follows the curvature.

Now I would secure it so that there's no interference when turning... this would require me to flex the ends of the visor outwards a bit... but nothing too harsh.

Any thoughts or comments before I tackle this? Any other ideas?

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My apologies if this has been addressed before... I couldn't come up with anything on the search.

This should give you an idea... just tucked up and against the windscreen.

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
My apologies if this has been addressed before... I couldn't come up with anything on the search.

This should give you an idea... just tucked up and against the windscreen.

That's a great idea, I may look into this mod

"It just doesn't matter"

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
Back pack

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Get a pouch that will go around your waist like a fanny pack.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28917/i/motocentric-mototrek-visor-bag

I have a few like that one and use them occasionally when I'm going to be out late. They are adjustable and I wear mine under my jacket (visor against my back).

If you just put the visor there behind your gauges without being in a pouch/sleeve it will beat the shit out of it in no time at all.

Good luck.

·
Canyon Carving
458 Posts
Ogio Mach 5 ftw built in visor pouch and sleek design

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
when i still rode the street, i used a tinted visor but kept a set of clear safety glasses (not the high school woodshop kind, these looked just like sunglass frames with clear lenses) in the tail of the bike. that way, if i got caught out after dark, i could raise the shield and put on the safety glasses to get home. this does, however, make freeway riding VERY un-fun...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
806 Posts
Im using the Mach 5 as well. Have been stuck without the clear a couple times and that sucks. Great idea for when you don't wanna rock a bag though. Find a sleeve to put the shield in and mount it up there. Or you could always get a small tank bag. Or clear shield with tinted tear offs or clear shield with sun glasses.

·
My Power band is blue
2,344 Posts
when i still rode the street, i used a tinted visor but kept a set of clear safety glasses (not the high school woodshop kind, these looked just like sunglass frames with clear lenses) in the tail of the bike. that way, if i got caught out after dark, i could raise the shield and put on the safety glasses to get home. this does, however, make freeway riding VERY un-fun...

s3aturnr

This

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Needs more $ for track
19 Posts
Clear safety glasses ftw. Best for in an emergency and not super bulky.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,256 Posts
The times I have known I would need both visors, I have put the spare in a fabric pouch I have, and put the visor inside my leathers between my leathers and chest protector.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
I usually have a small tank bag, or backpack to toss the other shield in. I just picked up a Bell helmet with a transitions shield so that will hopefully be problem solved.

And I agree with NOT putting it behind your windscreen on your bike. It will get dirty as shit in no time. I'd go with the visor bag with the waist strap for sure.

·
I get paid to get high
735 Posts

s3aturnr

:stupic

One of my jackets has a thing built in and the shield would be held in around where your side is.

·
.. .- -. -... ..- - .-..
504 Posts
What if we used some soft slide clips mounted to the inside of the windshield kind,
Something like this:

that way there the lense could be slid into place and be held so it would prevent sliding around & being scratched?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts