Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plz im electrical dud.

Anyway I got BKmoto angel eyes but I want to install it with two switches so low beams and angel eyes can turn on and off. Everything ive found so far relates to the bixenon kit. But I just want instructions related to halos. Is there any diagrams anyone has? Where do I make wires go? Are there any locations that makes the switches like really simple rather than doing all this special stuff and mixing with everything else?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come one no one? I just need to know how and where to wire the switches. Do i go to the low beams, the indicators?

There is NO information ANYWHERE relating to this kit. Yes BKMoto has basic instructions but just saying wire however you want doesnt help me so im really stuck :(

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Just run the halos separately. Put a switch inline on the + wire. A simple switch will cut or allow power. Switches with lights in the switch have a ground wire so the bulb in the switch itself can be lighted.

So the wiring is easy

+ wire from the + on the battery goes through an Inline fuse. Then from the fuse to the switch. From the switch to the little capacitor or whatever the halo comes with to keep the voltage what it needs.

Then wire the - side of the halo to the - on the battery.

Follow the instructions for bixenon harness for the HID's themselves.

You don't want headlights off and no HID while riding. So forget that. Nobody sees you. I almost got run over trying to look like a BMW does (halos only and no HID running) With wiring the halos on their own you can parking lot pimp it with the bike off and halos on.

:YEA

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry not really the answer im looking for but thanks for trying, I think its hopeless without pics. Probs sell it anyway, oh well.

·
Like a ViRus
63 Posts
Not sure if this is what your after, but i thought i will put it and maybe it will help..
you have to decide where to add a switch

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
i wish i knew how i wired them but my high beam isnt hooked up,i just have both of them on low all the time however i can turn the headlights off with a switch and i can turn the halos on without the key in it..i brought mine in to my friend who works on motorcycles and he did the wiring for me so if you know someone who is good with bikes i would bring it to them

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Borka sent me this, so the glue is drying atm so we shall see how it goes. Am I like the only person who is not interested in buying HID? I was after information NOT relating to bixenons or HID which is basically everything i can find and nothing related to JUST halo's.

both wires on the switches are positive, no ground.

on the back of your headlight there are 2 blue plugs that plug into the bike. the headlight that is your low beam, take that blue plug, and find white wire on it is + and -, then cut both wires in half leaving room on both sides to splice in additional wires.

now take both switches black wires, twist them together, then connect them to the positive wire that is going to the blue plug.
then take red wire from switch #1 and connect that to the positive wire going into the headlight.
take switch #2 and connect red wire to all positive wires on the halos.
take negative wires from halos and connect them to negative wire leading to blue plug, and connect that to the negative wire leading to headligh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts