Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know im going to get angel eyes probably from bkmoto but I cant see myself spending hundreds of dollars more for HID. Like I hardly ride at night and when I do I can see fine anyway. But I do like the effect it creates and I had heard that you can put an LED inside the projector to change the colour? The bixenon HID also look a bit weird on a 2003 r6 IMO. opinions :/

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
If you don't ride at night angel eyes.

·
Hello
527 Posts
Arent the demon/angel eyes also back lit? Seams they would be useless if you couldn't ride at night with them. I have been wanting a set of demon eyes and have multiple messages into Borka on this sight for a set. No replies to any. Does the guy not want my $600 or is something going on with him?

·
It's just me and the wind
10 Posts
I just purchased a set and mailed my headlight for Borka to install 2 weeks ago. I have emailed him 3 times to confirm if he has received my package alright, but I still haven't heard from him. It's been a week. Hope he's ok.

Sucks not being able to ride for 3 weeks. :(

Arent the demon/angel eyes also back lit? Seams they would be useless if you couldn't ride at night with them. I have been wanting a set of demon eyes and have multiple messages into Borka on this sight for a set. No replies to any. Does the guy not want my $600 or is something going on with him?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just purchased a set and mailed my headlight for Borka to install 2 weeks ago. I have emailed him 3 times to confirm if he has received my package alright, but I still haven't heard from him. It's been a week. Hope he's ok.

Sucks not being able to ride for 3 weeks. :(
Uh oh, this worries me. I placed an order almost 4 weeks ago, hopefully everything goes smoothly...

·
One Day At A Time
241 Posts
From experience I would just get the hids and call it a day, he quotes 3-4 weeks but that's not going to happen, he's very proactive when it's time to get your money but not when it comes time for concerns. I have the halo in the front that changes colors but if you loose that remote he quoted me 40 bucks for a remote, I could imagine the price on if I needed to send back to be repaired. My over all experience with this guy was horrible. Had to file a dispute, the finished product has glue like a 2 year old put them together, when I explained that to him he said don't worry about it, it will look fine on the bike lol. Good luck but had I know what I know now I would have just gotten a pair of hids and call it a day.

·
One Day At A Time
241 Posts
Replacement Remote ~ 4 Function Wireless LED Accent Motorcycle Single Dual Multi
| Add to watch list

Pic of glue all noticeable on headlamp

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would say order from another site or maybe go with HIDs; I ordered a pair of just regular HIDs and it took him 5 or 6 weeks to get them to me, and I live only a few hours from him so weather or the postal service can't be to blame. When I finally hooked them up, without any instructions by the way, the burned out before before the bike was warmed up. This was back in either the last week of May or the first week of June. I called him that night and he said if I sent them back he would replace them. After over a dozen unanswered calls he finally answered and said he was sending them back. That was last week, so hopefully I get them in September. I don't even want to imagine handing him 600 dollars for him to continue a half-as**d garage hobby.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Figured I'd give y'all a follow-up on bkmoto:

The headlights arrived today, much to my suprise. After hooking them up they worked fine during a 30-40 minute ride. I'm hoping they keep working, as they're pretty dang bright. And I defiantly agree with modrid81, for the price you can't beat the light. Regardless of they're brightness, I still feel bkmoto's servie far outweighs the lights; there must be a better company to order from.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mr

My results, Turned out well very happy with them. But I dunno maybe your just all old and have terrible night vision because I can see fine, even without any street lights.

·
One Day At A Time
241 Posts
Update: was very unhappy with the price quoted ($40) for the replacement remote for the color changing halos so I purchased a replacement remote from ebay for $10. It came in the mail today, located the control box, put a flathead screw driver in the two terminals above k1, got a solid red light, press any button the light blinks 3x and turns off, press the d button turn of bike then reconnect plug from control box which I forgot to mention to unplug before anything, restart bike and save 30 bucks.

·
Was it as good for you?
1,381 Posts
Re: Mr

My results, Turned out well very happy with them. But I dunno maybe your just all old and have terrible night vision because I can see fine, even without any street lights.
Cheaper route would have been doing this yourself. Took me 2 days with ccfl rings. No they don't change color but I didn't really want any other.

I'm super picky about people working on my stuff tho. I think I spent $80 total on the project, including switch, wire and connectors.

Did HID's at the same time too. Came out nice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Cheaper route would have been doing this yourself. Took me 2 days with ccfl rings. No they don't change color but I didn't really want any other.

I'm super picky about people working on my stuff tho. I think I spent $80 total on the project, including switch, wire and connectors.

Did HID's at the same time too. Came out nice.
This only cost $100? with 4 RINGS and they dont change color? did you mean to quote the other guy? And I did it all myself and I had enough trouble installing it so I think id pay that little bit extra to have a kit put together and know its going to work.

·
Was it as good for you?
1,381 Posts

This only cost $100? with 4 RINGS and they dont change color? did you mean to quote the other guy? And I did it all myself and I had enough trouble installing it so I think id pay that little bit extra to have a kit put together and know its going to work.
Yes sorry lol. Clumsy thumbs on my phone. Yours looks good. Yeah 4 rings. I believe I got them on flebay.

Also put the corner marker lights in

Finished product with HID's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts