Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about anodizing upper tubes of the forks of my 07 r6. the gold is nice but im tryin to go with a different scheme. is this possible? has anyone done this?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If you want black, it might be cheaper to just swap out the outter fork tubes. I bought a pair of black ones for $130 shipped, then sold my gold ones. Below is a pic of my 07 with black tubes.

If you have the free time and like doing things yourself check out this link. I am thinking about trying this. http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

·
Registered
313 Posts
The black looks fantastic. How difficult was that to install?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want black, it might be cheaper to just swap out the outter fork tubes. I bought a pair of black ones for $130 shipped, then sold my gold ones. Below is a pic of my 07 with black tubes.

If you have the free time and like doing things yourself check out this link. I am thinking about trying this. http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

that sounds a lot safer. did u get those off ebay? were they for a different year r6 or what?

·
smoke em'
102 Posts
i got some gold ones here well there still on the bike but im in need of some blackies :) how many miles you got on that blacks? Any scratches?

·
Registered
330 Posts
MisterJJ-Where did you get your outter tubes at? I have an 07 Charcoal and really want a black/charcoal theme and the gold forks just throw it all off. Do you have a link?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I got my tubes from someone here on the forum. Also I have seen them pop up on ebay from time to time you just have to keep looking.

As for the install, I had a shop do it. I didn't have the proper tools or a stand to lift the front end without using the forks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My gold forks gotta go, i also have a charcoal bike and the gold just takes away from the overall look. im not opposed to swapping with someone on here.. but how would we do it? Ive got 4200 miles on my bike and my forks are clean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
only thing i can think of since people arnt local is to take them off then ship them next day air or 2day. id have no prob payin for the cost of shipping to swap forks. prob cheaper than buyin tubes and i know its cheaper than buyin new/used forks. if anyone is serious about doin this i could prob have my forks off sometime this weekend and ready to ship out on monday.

·
smoke em'
102 Posts
3700 miles here! :) no dents scratches no stunts...def interested in a trade up. Let me know what you think...

Kreepr

·
Registered
408 Posts
Where do people find these I can not locate Any color Forks anywhere, shouldn't there be a site or something that sells these??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts