Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My R6 and I eat together
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not gonna lie... did not even bother searching. I did my research on this a while ago but forgot most of it so i don't wanna try and do that all agian. I wanna do the whole conversion thing but I don't know if I should do -1 +2 or just -1. I do a lot of canyon/street riding to school and back. And then I have to deal with the 405 if I ever go home home to visit mom and pop. I don't want the rpm's to get really high but i definitely want an increase of power off the line. My old bike was an sv650s and i loved how zippy it was off the line. I'm pretty sure I was set on a 520 steel chain with -1 and speedo. Is this going to be enough of a difference or should i do the -2 as well?

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
I love the -1/+2 I have on my bike. But sounds like you would want to go with -1. I don't know how much of a difference that makes because I've never done just the -1.

I ride daily with -1/+2 35 miles round trip to work and back and also go on lots of rides that are more than 50 miles away with no problem on the freeway. RPM's aren't TOO high and top speed is still pretty damn fast. Faster than I will ever need to go on a freeway, that's a :fact

My choice would be -1/+2, but if you want the top speed, go with -1.

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
i just did this (-1, +2) and i love it i did 300 miles this weekend on it and its like a new bike and alot more power

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
If you don't care about top speed then do -1/+2. You don't lose all that much on a 600cc bike with a -1/+2 either. A 1000cc bike loses a good bit by doing -1/+2 (like 15-20mph) as it's gearing limited and not hp limited. A 600cc bike isn't gearing limited, it's hp limited so by messing with the gearing you don't take off much top speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts