Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I ordered my Blue Flame High Mount from Hammy yesterday and I was wondering if you guys could give me a heads up on the install. Will I need anything in particular to make myself easier? My buddy will be helping me so I got the extra set of hands. All information appreciated, thanks.

BE4TNUT

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
its really a simple install, especially with two people, cause gettin the muffler mounting bracket on is kinda hard to do by yourself. you shouldnt have any problems if your half way competent with mechanic type stuff. just be carefull when putting on the muffler, you might scratch your tail if you get careless :cheers

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok sounds good, yeah I work on my Eclipse GSX alot so my bike shouldnt be a problem, now another thing that I forgot is that I want to remove my passanger pegs, now I know this is a mounting point for the exhaust so will my best bet be to fab up a piece that mounts from the passanger peg place to the exhaust? I saw some on eBay to but I dont know the quality.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
BE4TNUT said:
Ok sounds good, yeah I work on my Eclipse GSX alot so my bike shouldnt be a problem, now another thing that I forgot is that I want to remove my passanger pegs, now I know this is a mounting point for the exhaust so will my best bet be to fab up a piece that mounts from the passanger peg place to the exhaust? I saw some on eBay to but I dont know the quality.

BE4TNUT
BF's mound using an L bracket the fastens to the undertail where the 4 stock fender holes are and up through the sub-frame. just like this

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok nice, thanks for the pic to. I am really looking forward to getting it, hope it shipped today or tomarow so I have it on for the next nice day.

Thanks again guys!
BE4TNUT

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
it'll come with peg relocation brackets if you want to keep your passenger pegs that move them forward and out from the can.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah I want to take them off and get a cowl for the back, my next question is that can I put it on with the stock turn signals and plate mount? Or am I going to have to order the fender eliminator kit before I can put it on?

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
if you got the hi-mount your gonna need to order you some of those clearalternatives integrators and a fender eliminator.

I think short stocks will work as well but those look cheesy IMO

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with you on that one, Im getting the clear alternatives integrator with the VFX fender eliminator kit hopefully next week. So I will wait to put on the exhaust. Anybody done a group buy on either of these 2 products? Id imagine they are popular enough to do one if the distributor is willing...

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to resurect this thread again but...

...I just thought of something, when mounting this it uses the 4 holes in the undertail that the fender uses, now is this going to interfere with a VFX Pivot Kit install? Just something I thought of, my exhaust will be here tomarow and I want to make sure the part I get will line up.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
nope. worked fine with mine and I have both as well. you just have to push up on the bracket and pivot kit pretty hard to get the stock bolts to secure into the pivot kit (pivot kit on the bottom and exhaust bracket sandwhiched between the pivot kit and tail) or get some longer bolts....

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just ordered my Blue Flame EVO CF dual port high mount this afternoon. RPM said its not in stock but they get daily shipments so being on the list of back orders, he said it might take anywhere from 15-21 days.
So i guess now i just wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts