Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I tried searching didnt work out so well. Pretty simple more of a request then a question. I have an 08 r6s and im looking to get HID's I just would like to see how the output looks since they are not true projectors. So if anyone has any pictures showing the cut off lines and the output of them that would be awesome Thanks!

And som R6 content:toocool:

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
they are true projectors so you will be fine. All you need to do is change the bulb. The reflectors are in the R6 not R6S. you should have no worries.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they must have changed for 08 or something because mine are reflectors for sure.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
they must have changed for 08 or something because mine are reflectors for sure.
Uh....? Is that your bike in the first picture? Because it has projectors on it! Thats what the two little round things with lenses are in each side of the headlights.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey quick question on your picture...the 08 r6s has angels?!
No they are just like silver rings that are around the projector lens. i wish they were angles.

Uh....? Is that your bike in the first picture? Because it has projectors on it!

They aren't true projectors though there is a reflective housing behind them where on each side there is 1 bulb. So the light from the that one bulb shines through 2 projector lens not full projectors. I want to see if they still will have a nice cut off line like a true projector would.

·
Powered by the Dragon
263 Posts
No they are just like silver rings that are around the projector lens. i wish they were angles.

Uh....? Is that your bike in the first picture? Because it has projectors on it!

They aren't true projectors though there is a reflective housing behind them where on each side there is 1 bulb. So the light from the that one bulb shines through 2 projector lens not full projectors. I want to see if they still will have a nice cut off line like a true projector would.
Uh...do you know what projectors are? Yes they are projectors...albeit not true DUAL projectors, but projectors nonetheless. Light from your bulbs shine through the main projector, as well as reflects light through the secondary projector. If you opened up your headlights, you'll also see there's a cut-off shield on your lo-beam side.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Uh...do you know what projectors are? Yes they are projectors...albeit not true DUAL projectors, but projectors nonetheless. Light from your bulbs shine through the main projector, as well as reflects light through the secondary projector. If you opened up your headlights, you'll also see there's a cut-off shield on your lo-beam side.
:fact

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I give up lol. All i wanted was some pictures of the cut off line. On the 04 05 gixxers they have projectors too put HID's in them and they are horrible output scattered everywhere no real cut off line.

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
I give up lol. All i wanted was some pictures of the cut off line. On the 04 05 gixxers they have projectors too put HID's in them and they are horrible output scattered everywhere no real cut off line.
These are from my bike. It is an R6 not an R6S and has Reflectors and not projectors. you can see that the cut off line is fine even with just reflectors.

Low Beam (left is factory/ right is HID)

High Beam (left is factory/ right is HID)

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
oh and i took the pictures with my camera phone so the color isn't quite right. the HIDs are actually much more blue.

·
Registered
749 Posts
HID output in 04 R6, this pic only shows Low HID and Hi normal. They are about the same in brightness. With the low and hi HIDs they are so bright. I personally went with 10000K but if you are looking for light output go with 8000K at the most. The 10000K is blue-er but not crazy blue. This is different enough that I hope it Makes more cagers notice me instead of hitting another motorcyclist... Ill get more pics soon...

·
Registered
749 Posts
mmmmmmmm 10000K is sexy :) Although the 10000K is diminished light they are still brighter than the stock lights....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These are from my bike. It is an R6 not an R6S and has Reflectors and not projectors. you can see that the cut off line is fine even with just reflectors.

Low Beam (left is factory/ right is HID)

High Beam (left is factory/ right is HID)

AWESOME! that is exactly what i wanted and im impressed with how clean they look. Thank you for the pics! Time to order me some HID's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts