Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you place the ballast on either side? HID's are in though.

I have an '08 Yamaha R6. :nocontrol

This is the first start-up. Stock, left. 6oooK, right.

This is after running about 5 minutes.

Low Beam only.

Both Lo/Hi beams. Just turned the Hi' on hense the bluish tint.

Any info on ballast placements would be great, thanks! :cheers :YEA

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
shove it under the black covers where the fuses etc are

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, pulled apart the plastics from the front end to my seat. There isn't enough cable to get the ballasts under the seat. Even if there were, the plastic that runs along side of the gas tank doesn't have enough room behind it to hide/place the cables and their components.

Gunna look around some more, be right back.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
yes it does, you def cant get it to the seat... at least not the kit i bought

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought mine from HIDgate on Ebay, I can pull the ballast as far back as the back side of the tank.

Im still reading about where others placed theirs. Im going to head out in a few minutes and try two other places.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I mounted mine behind my gauges. I wanted to put them where NV is saying but I didnt get the slim ballasts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have the EXACT same ones as you, mount the ish here.
After my last post, I went outside and checked a few places. I did place them exactly where you put the white arrow. I just tied them off with zipties and they fit snug in there. Ill check it again in a few days to see if they have moved at all. If so, Ill toss in some velcro for a little more support.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am looking to get the 3K since I got the 50th Ann. I think everyone is placing the ballasts their since it's easy and still keeps the bike looking clean.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have 05 r6, and i have a kit , but i dont know which wire on the bikes harness does what.. factory wires arent labeled... i just need to find power and negative..

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
I ran a relay from the ballasts to the battery. The ballasts take a lot more power on initial start up that the stock bulbs so a lot of times people have problems getting the lights to turn on right away because there isnt enough power to start the bike and the lights at the same time. Putting a relay in, allows the ballasts to get their power from the battery and bypass the wiring harness. The relay is VERY easy to install and takes about $15 in parts from your local auto store.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts