Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
My name is Rob, I'm stationed in Charleston, SC with the military. I picked up a 2014 R6 back in Jan. and have been looking for a forum to gain some knowledge. I'll be the last to say I know everything and the first to ask for advice. I have been riding off and on for about 7 years now but I'm still learning something new every time I get on my bike. I've been down, it sucked. I broke some stuff, but I've never feared getting back on.

Glad to be here and I hope I learn even more.

Thanks.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,411 Posts
:wave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't done a whole lot to my bike. I upgraded the levers to PSR Adjustable levers, installed no-cut shogun frame sliders, swing arm spools, Motodynamic integrated taillight, Motodynamic flush mount turn signals, of course a fender eliminator kit, and a M4 slip on exhaust. Nothing fancy but it had a personal touch.

I did high side already, I came around a turn and a car was heading towards me half in my lane half in theirs. I'm green, of I stood the bike up in a straight line and then grabbed a fist full. Only damage to the bike was a shattered passenger seat. Literally flipped it so perfectly it landed on the passenger seat, rolled forward on to the tires drifted forward and laid down in the grass. Not a scratch on either side or the front.... Bike is fixed and once my arm is healed I'm planning on getting back on and getting more training. Track days.

I'm definitely not all knowing nor am I the most experienced person in the world, but I am always learning.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,506 Posts
:wave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.