Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie here and also a police officer. Well there goes my story. Last night I was working and I heard a fellow officer went over the radio saying he had a signal 71 driver (speeder) in custody and he was asking for a wrecker. He went over the radio and gave the tag # which I went and ran myself in my unit. Info came back showing a 2008 Yamaha R1. I went to meet up with the officer to have a word with him and I saw the bike and the guy in the back of the unit. He told me his radar got him going 120mph in a 55mph zone. Now thats crazy and stupid. I know sportbikes are fast, but is it really worth it. Now I bet the judge is going to suspend his license for a minimum of 6 months and he going to have some hetty fines to pay. Not worth it at all guys.

If you are planning to go that fast do it in a controlled environment guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
True that, but the consequences are crazy if one gets caught. I felt sorry for the bloke, but there was nothing I could say or do to convience my fellow officer to give him a break. 120mph in a 55mph zone, that just crazy.

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
Glad to see more fuzz on here---damn the man! Apple fritters for everyone!

T1

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
An 08 r1? Yikes. :eek:

·
Registered
482 Posts
$hit... 120... musta still been breakin it in haha, kill the tail and tuck up!

but be safe

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
maybe his life was saved who knows he might have really pushed it on the next road and lost it

gotta look for the silver lining

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
I agree, we all take risks on these high powered sportbikes... Kudos to you 2kr6 for joining and posting as an officer...

Just curious, what do you ride?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, we all take risks on these high powered sportbikes... Kudos to you 2kr6 for joining and posting as an officer...

I got me a 2000 R6. My first bike and I am loving it.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts

2kr6 = 2000 r6!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i got pulled over the other day i live in Rhode Island i was doing 94 in a 55 and yes i did just suck it up and pull over but any way he actually wrote me over for 65 in a 55 and thanked me for not trying to out run him i luckily only got hit with an $85 ticket

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
120 in a 55???? Hmmmmm. Depending on how busy the road was I am not sure this was horrible. I can tell you right now there is a couple thousand bikes right now easily doing that. The bikes are made for speed and unfortuately people use them for that. I would not do this on a busy road but I can't lie and say that I don't do it. I can also tell you there are thousands of sports cars doing the same thing right now. Does it make it right? No, but if it is on a clear road you take the risk and the consequences.

I also have to point out I would never endanger someone elses life riding fast but I would do this where no one was around on a public road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts