Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight on the way home from work I was travling a road that is usually pretty free flowing. It is two lanes each way with a center turn lane. I noticed up ahead that there were police cars and a WADOT truck with arrows flashing to stay right. As I got closer I could see a blue motorcycle on its side in the left lane going the same direction as I. Traffic of course was going very slow, everybody rubbernecking, and I of course took a look. 03 Blue R6 down and in a million pieces. Police were marking out the entire road. They even had paint around the helmet on the ground. For God sake I hope it was removed from the rider by EMT or the rider himself. Rider was no where to be seen.

My girlfriend saw the same accident on her way home and actually called a store that was right near by to ask what happened. She is kind of nosey. Apparently the R6 pulled out from across the road from a local autobody shop where the rider worked. As he came across the road he gunned it and at the same time a Big Ford Bronco pulled out from the opposite side of the road and Wham! the R6 T-boned the Bronco. I guess it relocated the drivers side door 2 feet into the cab. Driver was okay, just heavy brusing. Rider was taken by ambulence to the hospital. Bike is a total loss.

It was my reminder for the day that while riding your are totally exposed. Be mindful of everything around you, cars, animals, people, road conditions...

Sure was sad seeing that a fellow R6 rider had gone down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
rider

i dont think that they will ever outlaw bikes. this accident could have happened between two cars. there is no difference. all it is is who is behind the wheel or handlebars. unfortunately this guy didnt take his safety or the safety of others when he decided to gun his bike. happened everyday unfortunately. everytime i hear a story like this i log it in my memory as everyone should do as a lesson of what not to do.

There are wild riders everywhere. just two days ago saw a guy on a zx-12r do a power wheelie on cold tires. he almost lost the rear tire doing a wheelie. it would have been a catastrophe. be smart. the r6 was built smart, it only requires our help also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts