Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
''dam,that's loud''
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title states i'm looking on feed back from both pros/cons, pics, is it really worth it? i ride mostly twistys,to and from work, few track days....thanks in advance....

·
( . Y . )
3,176 Posts
I have a stompgrip but I havent tried it out yet =/

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
how bad is there wear on pants from the stompgrip? i like the look of it better than the techspec

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
i heard it tears them up..but others say they have no problems..and stomp grips + stomp tank protector is pure sex

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
well i have a tank protector but i dont wanna mess up all my jeans from the stomp grip. maybe the people that don't have problems with wear on their clothes don't ride that much, how does yours affect you Corey?

·
STOP riding the BRAKES!
1,886 Posts
I have stomp grip on mine, and my bike is a daily commuter. Ive had it on now for about 2 years and my pants are still fine. They'll eventually wear your jeans material down a bit, but you'll probably be wearing new ones waaay before you notice it.

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
ok, so it's more if you wear the same pants constantly. i'll probably end up getting some black stompgrip. techspec looks like sand paper. so if anyone knows of a deal on stompgrip let me know

·
''dam,that's loud''
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ROAD RASH your bike looks sick i like it, but for some reason i'm digging the techspec alittle better not sure why, i guess more of the ''flush'' look maybe, even tho the stompgrip has better traction and has more of an aggressive look to it as well...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Stomp>techspec but the smart money is on the new graves soft silicone grip tape I think. I will be going with that stuff when my stomp sets wear or:fact

·
Track Whore
314 Posts
StompGrip FTMFW!! :fact

I love mines and it makes a huge difference in riding. Also, I wear the same jeans when I get to ride often so there isn't any scruff or wear down. Trust me, it's the best bang for your buck!

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
I love my Techspecs for the street. They provide good grip and don't stand out too bad. Also, the fact that you can remove/reposition them is a plus.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
StompGrip FTMFW!! :fact

I love mines and it makes a huge difference in riding. Also, I wear the same jeans when I get to ride often so there isn't any scruff or wear down. Trust me, it's the best bang for your buck!

how helpful are those blind-spot mirrors?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ordered a set of TechSpec's from Corey a couple days ago and should be getting them in the mail today. I've never seen a set in person so I'm curious to see them on the bike. I have the 3-piece cabon fiber R6 tank pad so i'm hoping it won't look to cluttered, that's my only worry.

I'll post up some pics and a little review once I've installed and tested them out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts