Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well at least it wasn't speeding.

here's what happened:

The police officer claimed i made an illegal movement described by the blue line. I think i proceeded with the green line.

initially i was in the left lane, but the traffic was bumper to bumper, so i switched into the right lane. i was travelling down the right lane for about a quarter mile and it turned into a "turn only" lane. when i realized this, i switch over to the left lane. at the time, all traffic was stopped because of a red light. so i got into the right lane by sharing it with a stopped car and pulled up to the crosswalk believing i wasn't doing anything improper.
when the light turned green, i took off and then saw a cop waiving me down on the right, and i thought....shit what the hell did i do now. apparently they are keeping a tight watch at that intersection because of prior collisions due to the exact thing i did. by the way, the bike lane only exists for like 50 feet. there was no bike lane for the quarter mile i was travelling down the right lane. i got screwed because of the stupid bike lane.

so i'm not sure if i can win this case or not. what should i do?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lunchbox101 said:
Wait...when you say the cop was "waving you down". Was he outside of his car? I personally wouldnt have seen him ;)
yea like i said, they are staking out at the intersection catching people who go straight in the turn only lane. i, however, crossed the intersection legally by the straight only lane, but he cited me for crossing the solid bike lane lines.

and to answer your question, yes he was standing outside his car. traffic was so bad that he had time to get into his car and catch me. he cheated by using sirens so people would move. i pretended to not see him, but apparently he wouldn't let it go. and i am not juvenile enough to run. why escalate the situation?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts