Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good tank pad/protector for a 06 raven, whats a good place to get one? Which ones look good, work well?

Thanks...

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i want to get some stompgrip traction pads for the tank sides, so something the would look nice with those. right now i am thinking either a plain black progrip tankpad or a clear one... what do u think?

ps. zac5876, is your avatar pic from the tool album?

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
i want to get some stompgrip traction pads for the tank sides, so something the would look nice with those. right now i am thinking either a plain black progrip tankpad or a clear one... what do u think?
If you can find a plain black one. That's what I wanted, too but settled for the Carbon one because I couldn't find a black (do they even make black?) and wasn't sure if the clear would look good.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i haven't seen a black one yet, i've been searching since the start of this thread, heh. so maybe the clear one. the thing with the carbon, i just dont want it to stand out ya know?

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Kin... the techspec is similar to "stompgrip" I honestly think its better though.
They will last longer, not get as "gummy" over time, and they're less expensive.
Plus the techspec pads come in black, and three different types of pads. There are the snake skin type, the high fusion type, and the ice grip type.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea you are right doesn't stand out, and also looks pretty nice. Ok, the problem area for me is this:

cuza my belt buckle and so on, is there something that protects that?
thanks

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^can anyone answer this question? thanks

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
messed up! that was sooo annoying!!

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the gytr one looks good, looks like it would work lower on the tank also, kina pricey though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts