Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crashed pretty good last Thursday... it was just a low side going about 120km/h but once it hit the turtle/grass it did 3-4 flips. Broken fairing stay and brake reservoir blew up.

Amazing friends lent some parts and put it back together, finished 6th and 7th in my Rookie and Dunlop classes so VERY Happy with the results. I'm VERY impressed with the 2012 R6 Vortex Sets... a little grinding, but not a scratch or break anywhere. Even the break-off points on the pegs didn't snap.

Needless to say, I have a lot of work to do if I want to make it out again in 11 days.

Friend of mine told me he hangs on as much as possible, while I just let go and get my arms in (body parts > motorcycle parts). lol, but he's got black numbers and has been doing it for years. So his bike is worth a lot more than mine to make the incentive to save it a little higher.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
I usually try to hold on unless the bike is trying to spin or flip

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
low sides i usually hold on and ride it out. use short frame sliders or none at all.. helps. the foot pegs are usually what catch and start a bike flipping, but long sliders will too.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't determine what made it flip... the footpegs are pretty mint and the slider was hardly chewed out. I'm thinking it could have been part of the bodywork that made it jump higher on the grass and once part of the tire made contact it kept going.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts