Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from this dealer down in ohio, pretty good palce.

I went in with my buddy, worked my game a bit. All the ravens are on backorder like a mofo so im just gonna get a blue one if I can

I asked what they could do on a price, he said what im I looking to spend. I said well people say they can get them for 7500 at least usually. He went and looked at his books, said he could do 7400.

My friend asks about a new 04 gixxer 600, he has a few for 7050.

I say well what if we both buy it from you at the same time? he says we'll take care of you. get more money off, get some equipment, ect.

So now im waiting on them to call for the credit app decision, I hope im approved!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I still dont really know the verdict.

I talked to the guy last night, he said they were waiting on the bank still, then he called me back a few hours later, and said he had got a paper faxed to him, and he was reading over it and everything looked good, but it wasnt completed.

He tried to call the bank and ask if it was approved or not (he thinks it is, but dont quote him) but it was past 6 so they were closed. I should know "first thing" this morning, and they open at 9:30.

As for the blue, yea a lot of people probably have them, but with the look of things a lot more will have raven. They have 6-8 backordered already. Frankly the more I look at the two, my gut tells me to get the blue one. Everyone and their brother around here rides a gixxer anyway (seriously, one kid gets one then every teenager around thinks its the best), so im not worried about it. And when a sport bike comes in a whopping 3 colors your bound to see it out there a lot :moon

And heres something funny, a while ago I requested a quote online from them, I got an email back last night and it says "Thank you for your quote request on the 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6. We are
currently offering this unit for an out the door price of $8,062.50." :hammer and he also said with no equipment in because its barely over what they buy it for....what a liar, if I go up there again maybe I should talk to that dude lol.

So seeing that said, im gonna hardball em even more when im up there again... $74-7500 OTD with an arai rx-7 corsair helmet and a seat cowl, id be really happy with that. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I just got the call am im approved! :cheers

he said $160.33 a month with $0 down and like 9.5% apr.

Does this sound good to everyone? 9.5% doesnt sound fabulous to me but I am 19, and this is the FIRST time ive been approved for something like this...EVER. so im kinda takin what I can get.

He said they could have my blue R6 within a few days if I give them the go ahead.

Dilemma though is my buddy may not be approved, last night it wasnt looking so good for him. Problem was he had a sallie may loan out and it was supposed to be differed, but they didnt defer it and I think its showing up as dilequent on his credit report....so thats not good.

Not sure if I should try to see if he can get his shit straight, or if I should just get it, and hope it encourages him to get himself done.....but the dealer said hed take care of us on a dual purchase :poke

·
Registered
278 Posts
if you'v got a job, i'd really recomend u applying for the factory credit card, its usually a good way to go. i did that with my six with 3.9% and u basically just charge the whole bike on the card and u pay a min payment of like 40bucks i think, but usually u try to payup more to get tha tthing paid off. i got my card when i was un-emplyed, so u have a better chance of getting somting better then me if u got a job.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the problem with the promotion is the fact that they can spring surprised on you. sure if you have a rough month 40 is a good thing, but if you dont pay it off in those 2 years your screwed.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
not really as long as you arent late it wont go retroactive your high interest will only apply to the amount that is left after the promo is over I paid mine off in a little over a year but it is a better deal and it is like you are planning for a rainy day

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so should I tell them to try and apply me for the promotion?

I would just like to know what my interest is going to be after 2 years because im not sure if itll be paid by then.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
true, and if I pay as much as I can...17% on a few grand probly isnt TO bad, I SHOULD have most of it taken care of quick, but you never know.

im gonna call them and have them apply me for it.

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
u should wait for the raven bro..............its fuckin badass,way better than the blue. i just picked mine up 2 days ago after waiting 2 1/2 months with a $500 deposit on it and it was all worth it..........good luck thou

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.