Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ride hard, ride safe.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought some Prestone® Extended Life 50/50 Prediluted Antifreeze/Coolant and was wondering if THIS was an ok to go with antifreeze? Also, is it possible to just top off instead of draining the antifreeze?

Thanks

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Hey all, I just bought some Prestone® Extended Life 50/50 Prediluted Antifreeze/Coolant and was wondering if THIS was an ok to go with antifreeze? Also, is it possible to just top off instead of draining the antifreeze?

Thanks
You can just top it off if you like. If you are unsure of the status of the coolant in the motor (maybe only water has been added multiple times, etc..) then I would flush it. Especially with freezing temps coming up soon..

Also, I have been told to use motorcycle coolant cause it won't corrode or leave deposits, but I wouldn't be afraid to toss in the Prestone. And since it is premixed, you don't need to get distilled water to mix with..

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
i would flush all the existing coolant w/ water, then add w/e coolant you want. if u mix them, they could coagulate depending on what is already in the bike & then youve got a bigger problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts