Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
life is sweeeet.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning I put on my gear and headed out to my bike and noticed ants all over it..so...I rinsed it off with a water hose and noticed they're are a lot off them..so.. I went the car wash to wash it good and more keep coming out..went home and removed the tank and there was a nest...eggs and the whole family...has any one have had this problem before?. my first in the 8 yrs that I have been riding.And is it safe to use some ant spray?.

·
life is sweeeet.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bike sit outside and it's been one day since I have ridden it..and it did rain good down here in corpus..

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
That's a new one for me. :popcorn:

Pics or :BS

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
That's wierd as hell. Ants usaually (Im assuming) nest somewhere liveable. Not a gas tank that's metal gets hot and shakes like a mo fo when riding. I need pics man.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
That's wierd as hell. Ants usaually (Im assuming) nest somewhere liveable. Not a gas tank that's metal gets hot and shakes like a mo fo when riding. I need pics man.
But if you ain't BSing, OP, just pop the tank up and leave it outside for a day...they'll all die or move on. Problem solved. :D

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
lol

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
If you rode long enough, I'm sure they would've died from the heat. How long was your bike stored for??

·
life is sweeeet.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some pictures before I lifted the tank up..Sorry for the shi**y cell phone pictures.when i did lift the tank up there where eggs on the bolts to the air filter and in the cushion of my seats.

Attachments

·
ol' school.. first gen r6
254 Posts
had that happen to my car years ago. ants kept getting into my car through the a/c vents for weeks :cuss. i changed parking spots, looked at the ground for nests, fogged the car etc. couldn't find anything! then i went up under the right front wheel well one day to tuck in a part of the inner fender that was hanging loose & there i found the little bastards!

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
jesus i cant believe it only took a day for them to make a nest. I get spiders and stuff in my garage if it sits for a few days, but never do i get permanent residents.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Spray 'em. Just give the spray a week or so to dry and evaporate off since most of those sprays are flammable. The area by your air box isn't really a place with fire, but just to be safe, yanno?

That'd freak me out. I'd go on a murdering spree.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Spray 'em. Just give the spray a week or so to dry and evaporate off since most of those sprays are flammable. The area by your air box isn't really a place with fire, but just to be safe, yanno?

That'd freak me out. I'd go on a murdering spree.
Speakin' of which...electrical contact cleaner will kill 'em fast as chit! And it dries with no flammable residue. :fact

1 - 20 of 25 Posts