Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about 17 pages of the sticky thread, that was pointless. I have a PCIII on the way, and im just trying to find a good starting point until I get more done and actually put it on a dyno. Right now, im basically just Yosh slip on, and K&N filter. But powercommanders web site only has like one SLIP ON option for the R6S.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of a good map or maps to try? Thanks.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I talked to the shop owner that I buy everything from. He said he could do a street tune for $65. Then advised not doing the dyno tune until I get the rest of my performance mods done, then fine tune it on the dyno.

Considering im finding 1 map close to what I have, I think I should let him do the street tune. Since dyno tuning is going to be pretty costly, I dont really want to do that twice.

Sound like a plan?

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
If you plan on putting more mods on, stacks and stops, for sure wait til those mods are on then get custom map, get a map that is close for now, performance will still be good.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I loaded the Graves slip on, with aftermarket filter(closest I could find) seems to be running a little smoother than before. My shop is going to tweet that map for me a little bit to see if it helps. Hes pretty backed up right now for me to get in for a full custom tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts