Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's not if, but When...
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:stupic Okay, here is what happened:

I just installed a motodynamic tail light on my 2009 R6. To ease the process, I removed (or rather moved out of the way) the seat bar. I installed the light, and put everything back together how it was (or so i thought). Apparently when i put the seat bar back into place, i didn't have the wire that connects to the locking mechanism in its proper place. So now i can't get the passenger seat back off. When i turn the key to unlock it, it just turns without disengaging the seat bar (too much slack in the wire).

Is there anyway to get the passenger seat back off so i can fix the problem? (without breaking anything)

·
Lets RIDEEEE!!!!
506 Posts
Bummer! A buddy of mine had this happen on his 1st gen. He took the plate mounting kit off revealing 4 holes through which he shoved an antenna through. He placed it between the locking hinges and wiggled it as he turned the key and POP it came off. Might wanna try that.

·
It's not if, but When...
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The nuts for the fender unscrew from under the seat...Ill see if there is any way i can wiggle a wire in there though.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
If you take off the front seat, Take a long enough screwdriver and just try to find the clip. It pushes toward the back so it is just trying to find the latch that takes time

Good luck

·
It's not if, but When...
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice!...i have off of work on Monday, so i will try to fix it then!

·
It's not if, but When...
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, i figured out what happened. When i took off the seat bar, i didn't realize the cable disconnected from the seat bar all together. I was able to get the seat off by taking apart enough of the body to reach inside with a tool and flip the latch. Thanks for everyone's advise.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Okay, i figured out what happened. When i took off the seat bar, i didn't realize the cable disconnected from the seat bar all together. I was able to get the seat off by taking apart enough of the body to reach inside with a tool and flip the latch. Thanks for everyone's advise.
Glad it turned out alright. I'll learn from your mistake and not do it myself when my Motodynamics comes in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts