Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a guide to replacing platics? With diagrams of what bolts go where? After examining a 2000 R6 I just purchased there are bolts missing therefore the left fairing is hanging of a little. There were frame slider on the bike but no longer there. Anyone know where I can get a chin plate from? I am sure you guys know but its the black plastic plate in front of the headers. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am working on my bike to get it out for the spring.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
PrettyR6 said:
Does anyone know if there is a guide to replacing platics? With diagrams of what bolts go where? After examining a 2000 R6 I just purchased there are bolts missing therefore the left fairing is hanging of a little. There were frame slider on the bike but no longer there. Anyone know where I can get a chin plate from? I am sure you guys know but its the black plastic plate in front of the headers. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am working on my bike to get it out for the spring.
The shop manual has all of the diagrams

If you go to you rlocal Yamaha dealer, they can look up an exploded view of your bike, then you can just point to the bolts you need and they can order them.

The black fairing triangle, I would look for on eBay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts