Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
well if victor was still around you could see his pics. actually i think he might have posted them ill see if i can find em :cheers

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I painted the lower half of mine...let me see if I have any pics

**EDIT**
I have some, but they are at the house, and I am at work. Will get them up later :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have done it but no good pic. I'll take one tomorrow and post it.
Heres one but a bit far away to see

The instrument cluster looks a lot better with a black screen around it

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had the blue windshield for my bike and the stocker. I was bored so decided to paint my stock windshield black. IT LOOKS 100% BETTER NOW. Just make sure you only paint the inside! :cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Painted windshields???

I was just wondering what you guys actually used to paint them black? I would like to do this to my bike, since it makes such an improvement on the apperance of the gauges.

·
Registered
409 Posts
what kind of paint did you guys use and what did you do to prep it

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used some krylon high gloss black spray paint (flat, satin, or gloss wont matter in this case). As far as the prep work goes, just make sure its clean. Happy spraying!

I've read you guys talking about plexus....is it any good for taking surface scratches out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
it's absolutely critical that you only paint on the inside and with high gloss stuff; i saw a guy who did just the opposite and it looked like total ass!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dunno if I'm to late but I'd get a second hand screen off ebay or somewhere to paint instead of your original. I just yesterday was reading a post somewhere else about a guy who had painted his screen & now wants to mount a camera for a track day on the weekend & was wondering how to get the paint off without stuffing up the clarity of the screen. Everyone was telling him its not going to work & to buy another screen.

Just a thought

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well here's the finish product. i can't believe how easily that windscreen was removed. 4 screws and the mirrors and slides right out. ha! :hammer

·
Registered
4 Posts
My finished product, also...

It was quite easy to do this and didn't take any time at all. If you can tell by my pics I taped it off so that the bead around the top of the windscreen was left clear. I think it kinda adds a little to the overall appearance. I also took off the yamaha sticker on the inside.
[/quote]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts