Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
What's up Blue boy, where in the Bay Area are you?
I live in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara.

I had been looking for a local group ride here :hammer
My friend is hard to convince to ride sometimes and he's the one
who talked me into getting a bike, and now I am addicted to it!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bay Area Riders Unite

Mikhee, what's going on??

WOW, a fellow R6 rider in the Bay ARea, that's cool. Im from the East Bay, ALameda County--Tri Valley Area (San Ramon Dublin etc) I just got on a bike about 7 months ago, since I last had my 500 about 4 years ago.

I love the SIX, it's easily manueverable and quick. Maybe we can ride sometime, since I usually just ride with my buddy (Zr-7s) on weekends.

It would be great to get some Bay area riders, with a nominal amount of experience to ride together.

:jump

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Re: Bay Area Riders Unite

Blueboy said:
Mikhee, what's going on??

WOW, a fellow R6 rider in the Bay ARea, that's cool. Im from the East Bay, ALameda County--Tri Valley Area (San Ramon Dublin etc) I just got on a bike about 7 months ago, since I last had my 500 about 4 years ago.

I love the SIX, it's easily manueverable and quick. Maybe we can ride sometime, since I usually just ride with my buddy (Zr-7s) on weekends.

It would be great to get some Bay area riders, with a nominal amount of experience to ride together.

:jump
Not much bro! Just burnin' the midnight oil! Yup! another R6 rider locally :cheers

I actually work in Hayward but i live in South Bay (Sunnyvale/Santa Clara area). I am glad you got the R6! And so am I. Got it back in May 03. I think the R6 is the easiest to learn! I never had any riding experience until the MSF and the R6 is my first bike!

Yeah that would be cool to ride with more riders out there. I think it is a great idea to learn from different riders, especially for newbies like me. But the R6 makes you very confident not like my buddy on his Gixxer. I mean he is fast but when it comes to the turns....well you know the story :hammer

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell Me about it. The SIX is just as smooth as FOSTER's beer. Hit's the corners very well.

Fellow midnight oil burner--I work midnights so the forum is always a way to help me stay awake.

What kinda pipe do U have on UR byk?? I have a SCORPION CF--nice sound

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Blueboy said:
Tell Me about it. The SIX is just as smooth as FOSTER's beer. Hit's the corners very well.
You hit the spot on that! Another member (Jasamb) mentioned that the 6 are good for novice or beginners, and I feel he is right depending on the person.

Blueboy said:
Fellow midnight oil burner--I work midnights so the forum is always a way to help me stay awake.
You work late dude! What kind of job is it??? Oh yeah, the forum is a great adrenaline-feeder! well a watered-down compared to riding the 6!
Me? I just lost track of time while I was organizing my photo files here at home! SHiite! I need to get a little shut eye soon! Have to be at work @ 9am

Blueboy said:
What kinda pipe do U have on UR byk?? I have a SCORPION CF--nice sound
I have a Blue Flame carbon high mount. I ordered through one of the site's sponsors (Hammythecanman). Great guy and great lookin' & soundin' exhaust! Sound similar to the Devils, throaty n' loud but not too LOUD. I seen the Scorpions, i think the carbons looks similar to the Blue Flames & also the M4's. But I haven't heard them yet. If i recalled, i almost ordered one from Cycle Gear when I was going through the hardship of shopping for an exhaust! (we all know how that is)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Im out in Fairfield, ride an '01 R6. Is anyone in the area going on the Sac to the Bay ride on June 12th?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I need to get my bick :cuss back. Mach 1 in Vallejo has had it for a month now doing a diagnostic and installing a jet kit. Im gonna go down on tuesday and try to get it back for this weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.