Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a Stiletto 2 and normally i just stick it in my backpack with it pointed to the sky and i get pretty good receiption when im on the freeway but crappy receiption in the city. I noticed that tssradio.com now offeres motorcycle kits for the Stiletto 2 but it looks like it was designed for a harley and not a street bike. I was just going to buy the motorcycle antenna, take my stiletto 2 and hook it up to my vehicle dock and then run it off the battery. (its own not the motorcycle battery)

I was curious if anyone else on here has done any mods to allow better receiption with there stiletto 2?

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I have SIRIUS in my truck, and I am listening to it online at work right now. I don't listen to music while riding yet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got the armband and wear it as a armband. But I have seen someone take ii and put hooks on their gas tank bolts. And than zip tie it down.

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i used the armband for a while but then i got stopped and questioned about it. By law in california you can have a headphone in one ear and not both. My plan is to just hook up the antenna and use the aux connection in my chatterbox and use it that way.

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
I have it in the car. Love 100 & 101

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hell Yeah..1.9.06 Baby! Well im gonna try to hook up my car kit and run off of my stiletto battery and see what happens.

·
Gixxer what ?
372 Posts
got it in the car.

40, 43 , 45 ,20 ,28 are the channels i listen to.

28 has this one show jason ellis that shit is funny

·
Registered
332 Posts
So the Stiletto 2 works inside a backpack? I would be carrying it in a jacket. Where is the antenna located?

Does anyone know if the Stiletto 10 or 100 work as well? I only need to listen on the bike for 90 minutes a day and the 2 is a bit pricey for that little use.

gary

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put it in my cell phone holder on my swiss army backpack. The antenna is that little hump. However tssradio.com sells a motorcycle kit but it appears to be for a harley and not a street bike.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I put it in my cell phone holder on my swiss army backpack. The antenna is that little hump. However tssradio.com sells a motorcycle kit but it appears to be for a harley and not a street bike.
Cool. thanks. yeah, i've seen the motorcycle kits but I dont want to attach anything to the bike. Someone needs to figure out how to integrate everything in a helmet. That would be cool.

gary

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well here is my idea. I have the car kit for my stiletto 2. If my stiletto works on batteries while plugged into my car kit then i will just buy the motorcycle antenna and find a place to mount it and i should be good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts