Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Too Slow
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there were a bunch before on the military bases but that was years ago.

I want to learn how to ride on the track but I can't find anything here. Sucks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I know there were a bunch before on the military bases but that was years ago.

I want to learn how to ride on the track but I can't find anything here. Sucks.
+1

It's so frustrating, riding in Hawaii. There's really nowhere to let lose, and traffic is insane. (I found out the hard way that you can't ride in the shoulder lane. A disgusting, unnecessary "law" aimed at stealing more of our money.)

I wish there was a track...

·
Registered
803 Posts
If there were enough riders, would there be any chance of doing a street race (closed street circuit, like a mini TT).. I wonder what would be involved in getting something like that approved, and where would the best location, you reckon?

·
In Her Dreams
562 Posts
I'm suppose to be moving there for work so if you guys figure it out let me know

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
AKA....Corey
547 Posts
Guys, Hawaii sucks for riders. Traffic is constantly congested, no where to really ride. Well at least on the island of Oahu. I've been stationed there twice on Schofield barracks. H1, H2, H3 are the only highways there....good luck

·
My R6 eats my wallet
46 Posts
+1

It's so frustrating, riding in Hawaii. There's really nowhere to let lose, and traffic is insane. (I found out the hard way that you can't ride in the shoulder lane. A disgusting, unnecessary "law" aimed at stealing more of our money.)

The military still does track day stuff, as far as roads to check out I'll pm you the info.

·
RESPECT
29,161 Posts
If there were enough riders, would there be any chance of doing a street race (closed street circuit, like a mini TT).. I wonder what would be involved in getting something like that approved, and where would the best location, you reckon?
Yeah, the definitely would NOT happen. You'd have to close the roads off for traffic, get insurance for the event, get sponsors to pay for everything...unless the riders plan on paying for it all. There's way too many things needed to get that one running.

Everyone says they want to be stationed in Hawaii....fcuk that ...not me...no tracks..no thanks..:fact

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hawaii is absolutely shithouse for riding. It's miserable.. unless you like riding max 60mph in a straight line.

I wish they'd build a track. We must be the only state without one. You can't take the racing off the streets if there's no track.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just thought I'd bring this back up..

I heard rumors that "Phase 2" will be happening at the Kalaeloa Raceway.. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Does anyone know anything about this?

And, are there any track days that the military are holding?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,433 Posts
+1

Since when was the shoulder of the road a lane? How is that an unnecessary law??

Maybe I am not understanding you

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Since when was the shoulder of the road a lane? How is that an unnecessary law??

Maybe I am not understanding you
There's only like 3 highways and all the tourist clog them up rubber necking. They have plenty of time to kill on their vacation, but locals have jobs and stuff to get to on time.

·
Premium Member
20,433 Posts
There's only like 3 highways and all the tourist clog them up rubber necking. They have plenty of time to kill on their vacation, but locals have jobs and stuff to get to on time.
Doesn't really answer my question. So cause of tourist people should be allowed to ride on part of the road that is not a designated lane??

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
I've only been out there twice to visit my bro. I think thats why he was saying he should be allowed to ride in the emergency lane. I don't necessarily believe he should be able to ride in the lane but I can see why he would. I was just trying to explain why he thought he should be able to. Atleast I think thats why he wants to

1 - 14 of 14 Posts