Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any winter riders near Waco TX?

I know the winter is making it's way towards us..and though the winters aren't harsh i'm sure there are the few that aren't keen on riding while it's cold, however..are there any guys that wouldn't mind cruising to coffee shops and what not during the winter?

I hardly see people put things together during the cold season, but hell..don't you think we can try to do something this year?

Car racing season for me will be over and I don't have a daily winter driver except for the bike..and my g/f's mini van :(...so i'll be out and about this year.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Re: Any winter riders near Waco TX?

if i was in texas i'd ride all year round. Here we have ice and snow.. not safe, and the salt kills the bike. So not here

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
upstate NY, people drive restarted now! I'm not ****ing around with snow fall.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's no fun! I'm glad I live down here where I can ride 85% of the year..15% of it being rain/snow/other reasons.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Alabama is stupid really. Hot as mess in the summer, which is great, but then it gets insanely cold in the winter. Though right now the highs are in the low to mid 80s, which is rare for this time a year. I guess since it was so hot this past summer, we might keep the warm weather a little longer!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
If there isnt snow on the ground, I am gonna do my best to tough it out! I just need to get me some warmer gear first.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i have me a leather jacket and long johns for the winter..and some good gloves too. however 40-60 feels like 10-30 to yall i'm sure haha

·
bodhisattva
33 Posts
Im in, have 3 bikes to choose from. Even if i lived in the north as long as there snow and ice on the street i would ride.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I ride all year round...:sing

In all seriousness...it does get into the mid 20's here...its all about heated gloves and windproof jacket...from there I can manage

·
let fly the 6
50 Posts
sec i patch back together my bike ill be out there got the parts on the way so ill be out there this winter as long as it isnt raining too heavily or if the fog isnt too dense. any one in the sf bay area gonna be out there as well?

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
If there isnt snow on the ground, I am gonna do my best to tough it out! I just need to get me some warmer gear first.
:fact
It takes a lot for me before I hang the helmet up for the year.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well..those of us in cen tex down south should get together sometime..go for a day or two day cruise..i don't know about you guys but cold weather is beautiful!

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Im gonna tough it out and ride more. I honestly could have riddin more last year, as I went to church in 35 degree weather a couple times..in a shirt

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I throw studded tires on and Yut-Ugh all year. :fact

1 - 20 of 33 Posts