Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of painting red lips on my rims. i'm scared the black will make the red look really dirty.

any advice? any ideas? any how-to's?

thanks

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I would try my sister's nail polish! :hammer j/k

I wonder if it's okay to just paint over the black on the rims?
or do you have to sand it down to the primer/base? and then paint
over it?

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
hey man best thing, i will cost a little more but its good stuff. get it powder coated. it looks pro done dont have to worry about it chipping or any thing like that. good luck man hope it turns out good :cheers

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
deltaonex said:
i'm thinking of painting red lips on my rims. i'm scared the black will make the red look really dirty.

thanks
If you just want the stripe on black rims. Just go to a sign shop and have them cut you some strips, preferably circular, of vinyl, in your color of choice. Then apply with a steady hand and enjoy the results.

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
z31maniac said:
deltaonex said:

thanks
If you just want the stripe on black rims. Just go to a sign shop and have them cut you some strips, preferably circular, of vinyl, in your color of choice. Then apply with a steady hand and enjoy the results.
yeah good point,

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
z31maniac said:
deltaonex said:

thanks
someone was selling the stuff to do just this on here.. it was quite cheap if I remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts