Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lock nut part number 2C0-16377-00-00. I think it might be 34mm but I'm not sure. It's definitely larger than 32mm. Any help would be great. I'm installing a slipper clutch tomorrow and need to get a socket to remover this nut. Thank you very much in advance.

Justin

KWS 636cc Level 3 fully built motor, custom web cams, graves adj. sprockets, APE tensioner, YEC high pressure oil pump, YEC valve springs and retainers, brand new exhaust valves, custom C350 maraging steel DLC coated wrist pins, custom fuel system running only 4 Injector Dynamics ID850's, Fuelab fuel pressure regulator, return line added, and all powered by a MoTeC M800 computer, with AIM MXL digital dash, MoTeC shift light module, flex fuel sensor to run ethanol, Silver carrozzeria Tri-R's with Pirelli Diablo Corsa's for the street, and a Gold set with Pirelli Diablo Superbike Slicks for the track, Sitta bronze hard anodized GP sprocket, Sato rearset and other goodies, Rizoma Grips and brake reservoir, AGV C5 Levers, Ohlin TTX36, FP Racing/Galfer custom powder coated wave rotors, Spiegler brake lines, Armour Bodies Race Fairings with fresh paint and Decals, and the list goes on. So many people to thank for getting the bike here, you all know who you are.

·
Yamahahahahaha
9 Posts
Hello did you ever get the size for the nut? I'm thinking it's 34mm as well but would like confirmation. I can't seem to find ANYTHING on the web stating the size!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Your right it's not laid out word for word but it's in the Torque specs section of the manual which lists the nut size. It's an M20 on an 07. That's that nut size and a standard M20 nuts fit a 30mm socket so i'd start there. But I suppose it could be a 32 or a 34 if they beefed it up. Just measure it if you don't want to buy a socket set.

·
Yamahahahahaha
9 Posts
Ok so in the manual it says it's an M20 as you suggested, but I have a socket set which goes up to 34mm and it's still too small. I found this image, but I am not a mechanic and wouldn't know how to convert this properly. It seems to be 1.6" and that converts to 40.64mm... Does this mean I need a 40mm socket? Shouldn't it be an exact size?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts

·
Yamahahahahaha
9 Posts

·
Yamahahahahaha
9 Posts
So I bought a 36mm socket, and it fits although it seems like it's a little loose... I'm doing a wonderful job destroying the nut trying to get it off... Key word in that sentence is "trying" since it's on so damn tight! Any suggestions guys? As you can imagine, I'm not even close to being a mechanic and have little experience doing this type of work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts