Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin at gettin some new boots for city driving and weekend twisty roads. i want something relatively cheap say under 150. does anyone have these A* Ridge boots? whats your opinions of them?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
those boots look pretty cool...i'd recommend the race models (smx or supertech)

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
I was looking at those. I ended up going with the A*s Octane boots instead. Happy I did, theyre awsoem!

·
2003 R6
691 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Do they have support from the ankle up? Dont seem like they would help out in that area to much.
I like the look of them but I was wondering the same thing. :screwy

·
RED ROCKET
3,164 Posts
If you mean like actual support then no not like a boot. They are more like a high top shoe. If you were to go down though you would definitly be protected and not likely to have problems

·
Registered
394 Posts
I own those boots and they are extremely comfortable! They do support from the ankle up. The nice thing about these is that they are completely waterproof as well. Yes, I have worn them in the rain...no problems!

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
Whenver start making money this summer ive gotta buy some good gear.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
i got A* s-mx 2... new model just came out.. they are nice (lightweight, descent protection, comfy)... there is also vented model avail but only in white color which is not my style

havent ridden in them yet tho

·
The Patient
340 Posts
I own those boots and they are extremely comfortable! They do support from the ankle up. The nice thing about these is that they are completely waterproof as well. Yes, I have worn them in the rain...no problems!
+1 I have these boots as well and I am completely satisfied with them. These look more for casual city riding which is what I do and they feel very protective and comfortable. They look great under jeans and not bulky. I wear Icon leg armor with these and they fit nice and snug. Best thing to do, go to several shops and try on as many boots as possible. That way you know exactly what you're looking for. But as far as these boots go they're worth the price. GL on the search.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts