Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been there yet? Planning to go there in May and kinda wanted a starting point for gearing a 600. Anyone know? Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just in case anyone needs a pointer, I've been there three times now and 15-45 seems good. The track is hands down my favorite. Absolutely amazing and very fast. If you can make the trip, get to bowling green for a track day.

·
When in doubtThrottle out
5,058 Posts
Stopped by a track day after picking up my trailer. Nice facility and everyone I talked to seemed to like the track. Only problem is the track has to use a lot of air fence sections because of close walls because of its ability to run several configurations they didn't leave much run off.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stopped by a track day after picking up my trailer. Nice facility and everyone I talked to seemed to like the track. Only problem is the track has to use a lot of air fence sections because of close walls because of its ability to run several configurations they didn't leave much run off.

I wish we could race there. The track is soooooooooooo smooth fast and just amazing. I loved it. It is f-ing dangerous though. Walls are stupid close. I've debated going back until it's changed. There's a thing on wera forum about it. They're supposed to move some of it I guess. Even though it's designed for cars, you'd think they wouldn't want people completely destroying their car because of a simple get off.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
going this summer on the new R1. couldn't stretch it's legs too much at mid-o. was still pulling like it did out of the keyhole at the braking markers 168 indicated even rolling off in the kink. I was scared lol. back end was dancing all over while braking. I actually started liking the abs and ubs braking system. kept me out of the dirt haha. I came from an R6 and the new R1 is a superbeast that handles like the R6. I keep holding the throttle open too long like i'm still on the R6 and forgetting I'm going way faster.
you guys ever get the chance to ride one DO IT. you'll sell the r6 lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts