Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone carries or thought about carring marbles in a pocket or somewhere when you ride?im not a road rager or anything but sometimes you have those crazy cagers that act like idiots on the road.me and some other riders were talking about this one night?what are yalls thoughts on this?

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
Had a friend that use to carry around pockets of pennys for the cages. But he didn't think too far into it until he threw a few at a car that cut him off once. Next thing you know the car was trying to run him off the road.

Personally I will just move on and not risk it.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i've never been one for ragin' either, but there have been a few times when a crack on cager's windshield woulda been the best way to get a point across. glass on glass would simply crack the windshield, but anything heavier (like a slingshot metal ball) could go right through and potentially kill somebody. i've been nearly head-on'd before and woulda had enough time to reach in a pocket and grab a glass marble to help me make a point when a simple finger won't do.

to answer though, i dont' know. sounds good, but man, it's kinda scary. maybe i'll just be a follower and see what everyone else thinks.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
I USED to, but I have come to realize that it really won't make a difference in MY day if I break some one's windshield when they piss me off.
Plus it only pisses THEM off more, and THEY are the one with all of the extra protection in a crash.
It's not exactly the most intelligent idea, but I can't say that I've never done it. (in my young and not as smart days)

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
The only "point" you'll be making by throwing shit at cars is that bikers are assholes.

*NOTE: 420th post!*

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah,good point

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
best to just let them go and be the better person and ignore it. no point in pissing them off and have them try to run you off the road. you have more to loose then they would.

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
well in miami ppl in cages are crazy, i carry a 7/8 socket in my pocket just incase

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, definitely one of the dumber ideas I've heard. As most have said, the most you'll accomplish is pissing them off so that they really try to hurt you. Just memorize the license plate and get them back later if it's that important to you!

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
I had a guy ride my ass before and I turned around and gave him the finger so he rode my ass even more. I remembered the plate number and started pulling over on the side of the highway and was going to call the cops but the he started pulling over too so I kept going. I got off on my exit and he still continued to follow me but not as close anymore. I live right by a cop shop so when he was still behind me as we were passing it I pulled in and he took off. I guess I havent' been the only one to report him because I got a phone call a couple days later telling me he was going to be ticketed for following to closely and Reckless endangerment. It was his third complaint that summer

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
I had a guy ride my ass before and I turned around and gave him the finger so he rode my ass even more. I remembered the plate number and started pulling over on the side of the highway and was going to call the cops but the he started pulling over too so I kept going. I got off on my exit and he still continued to follow me but not as close anymore. I live right by a cop shop so when he was still behind me as we were passing it I pulled in and he took off. I guess I havent' been the only one to report him because I got a phone call a couple days later telling me he was going to be ticketed for following to closely and Reckless endangerment. It was his third complaint that summer
He was keeping up with you? You know, if you twist the throttle a little more, you just MIGHT be able to get away from him next time...:secret

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
Of course we'd all like to throw some ball bearings, spark plug porcelin, marbles, etc. at the asshat cagers but...

what happens when one of us wrecks from hitting abandoned marbles, bearings, or any other random shit that has been thrown about by someone else.

just my .02

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
He was keeping up with you? You know, if you twist the throttle a little more, you just MIGHT be able to get away from him next time...:secret
He had a Chevy SSR I'm pretty sure he would have been able to keep up pretty good

·
Registered
13 Posts
never on a bike but when people cut me off or ride my ass when im in my car, ive been known to open the sun roof and fire a few shots in the air. they usually take the first turn they can after that...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Remember that guy in georgia who got cut off (or possibly hit in a parking lot) by a teenage girl with her sister in the car? He got all pissed off and started following them, and when they drove by their house, their dad was on the lawn with a gun... they pulled in their driveway, and he went past and turned around... when he was riding away he got shot twice in the back, dead.

The moral is, you never know when you'll encounter somebody who's bat-shit crazy, and sometimes it's best to just to shoot the bird and move on. :321

(btw, to crashr21, i don't think the ssr would keep up with you, even with like 400hp, they're still slow and shitty ;) )

1 - 20 of 40 Posts