Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make my own bracket to eliminate the rear fender. I'm tired of the stock look.

Anyone else do this? Any pics? :drink

·
Registered
831 Posts
I like the flames. How much did that cost? I feel teh need to do something nice to my ride. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job.

Did you mount the plate yourself? I'm looking to make my own bracket. It's shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Registered
308 Posts
:mrgreen: Thanks guys, love the complements! :mrgreen:

Flames were done with an airbrush. Got hooked up by a friend who knew some guy that details custom cars. No charge :mrgreen:
but still needs a clear coat.

The plate was mounted on with an L bracket. Drilled in the undertail and the bracket is rubber cement glued to the plate. Seems to be holding in pretty good. License plate is cut smaller too, to look more streamline. Before anyone says anything I talk to a cop about it, He said its legal but i still might get hassled about it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just cut my fender off right below the license plate mounting bolts, rounded the sides to look stock, mounted some cool turn signals where those small holes are in the reflectors, and I was done.
No picks yet, I am going to get a digital camera one of these days..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can Anyone tell me how to remove the stock undertail?

I just bought a new one from hotbodiesracing.com and it didn't come with any instructions.

Currently I'm unable to remove these plastic objects from the stock undertail that look like little black pushpins ( there are eight of them). There are a few I am unable to push out because I cant't reach them. Once I get that I should be home free. I hope.[/img]

·
max speed
242 Posts
lunarr said:
Currently I'm unable to remove these plastic objects from the stock undertail that look like little black pushpins ( there are eight of them). There are a few I am unable to push out because I cant't reach them. Once I get that I should be home free. I hope.[/img]
Push in the center and then they just fall out or you can grab them with your nails. Push the center pin out before putting the plug back in and then slide the pin in to fasten it again. :mrgreen: Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts