Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my bike back together and figured I'd start on the projector mod for my 08 r6 since the bike is going to be apart anyways...So I got in contact with MisterJJ about buying some parts off him and sourcing the rest my self...We've exchanged a couple pm's but I havent heard from him in a week and I want to get started on this project to get my bike back on the road...I understand he's problaly a really busy person so I was wondering if anyone else on this forum does this that wants my business? let me know..thanks..

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
from his "how-to" thread:

Parts Required:
-Infiniti FX 35/45 Projectors or Infiniti FX-R Projectors ($125 to $175) EBay or Retrofitsource.com
-D2S HID Kit ($59 for regular, $79 for slim ballasts) EBay
-Prewired HID Relay ($15) EBay
-Two 2006 Honda CBR Dustcaps (Optional, $25) Ronayers.com
-14 Guage Red and Black wire ($5) Walmart
-Male Spaded crimp connectors ($3) Walmart
-70 mm round CCFL tubes aka Halos (Optional, $29) Oznium.com. If you want dual halos then purchase the 70mm kit and 80mm kit from oznium
-Two 70mm round automotive water pump gaskets (Optional, $5) PepBoys, Autozone or Advance Auto Parts
-8 ½ by 11 Poly Cutting Board ($1.97 each) Walmart
-Two Black 8 ½ x 11 Foamies($.49 each) or a pack of flexible poly cutting boards ($5) Walmart
-Two 3 inch Garbage Disposal Mounting Gaskets ($10) Lowes or Home Depot
-Two packs of 3inch 6x32 Machine screws ($1.99) Lowes or Home Depot
-Two packs of 1inch 6x32 Machine screws ($1.99) Lowes or Home Depot.
here's the link to the original so you can follow his guide. he did that so people could save their money and do it themselves like you're wanting to do. good luck man!

edit: i got my g35 projectors with OEM lenses from that site for $110 shipped.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
from his "how-to" thread:

here's the link to the original so you can follow his guide. he did that so people could save their money and do it themselves like you're wanting to do. good luck man!

edit: i got my g35 projectors with OEM lenses from that site for $110 shipped.
your the man!! thanks a lot...I think I would still have to buy the custom brackets from him?

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
On the topic of misterjj, saw this post by SpidermanSS (supermod):
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1433691&postcount=308
I've gotten a few messages about Mister JJ and his status on the forum here. He's apparently not answering PM messages and chooses not to sponsor the forum to have full rights to solicit sales here.

That is fine and it's his choice, but since he's selected to represent himself in that manner we can no longer allow him to actively promote his services to members directly. Anyone wishing to contact him will need to do so outside of the forum unless he works out something with the site to do business here in a professional manner.

Thanks for understanding and PM me with any questions.

-Shane

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
he answers... and isn't "banned" per se. i'll let him fill you in if you're curious. he's still a stand up guy that's helped MANY people do their own projectors. :fact

he's not only on this forum, but MANY, so give him time, and i'm willing to bet (carefully) that he'll respond to your pm's).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he answers... and isn't "banned" per se. i'll let him fill you in if you're curious. he's still a stand up guy that's helped MANY people do their own projectors. :fact

he's not only on this forum, but MANY, so give him time, and i'm willing to bet (carefully) that he'll respond to your pm's).
Whether he's banned or not thats not really my business...from all the posts I've seen and read about him..I hear nothing but good things about him...I am more than confident in giving him my money in return for a excellent product...I'm thinking he's just busy and I understand that..I'm just trying to figure out another solution if he never gets back to me thats all...

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
Thanks for the info, I wasn't trying to badmouth misterjj, just let the OP know that he might not be around. I talked to JJ last spring about getting projectors done as well, seemed like a good guy, the funds and timing were just wrong for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Contact him via email. He will respond pretty quick that way. He did for me anyway. Stand up guy just very very busy. This is his hobby from what he told me, so he has regular day to day stuff that he has to do before even thinking about headlights.

[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts