Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More often than not these days, my 6 will not stay running on cold starts. I have always let the bike warm up. Here is what happens. I start the bike, let it run until about 110-115 degrees, give it a little throttle, and when the RPM's come down the bike just stalls out. Then it will not stay started upon restart unless I keep the throttle cracked just a bit, but as soon as I let off the throttle the bike stalls. It takes about 10-15 restarts to get it to keep running and act normal. I have checked all usual suspects, air cleaner, gas, injectors, battery, idle, blah, balh, blah. Anyone else having this issue? If so, whats the remedy.

Thanks

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bike has a few mods; full exhaust, BMC, rearsets, SS breaklines ect...but nothing lately. I haven't done any mods in about a year. No it has not been in storage. I live in Florida, we have year round riding. I ride the bike at least 2-3 times a week. It's an 07 with over 10,000 miles on it. About 1500 miles on the track. Any ideas fellas?

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6bolt 2g said:
Well my first guess would be spark plugs...
Changed those out. Plus, that shouldn't cause a low idle stall on cold.

eddy's r6 said:
Throttle bodies may need to be re-synced
I thought thats what it could be but wanted to hear if anyone else thought so. I have extended warranty and a maintenance plan, think they will cover this?

Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Hey noleman does the bike ever die when you come to a complete stop at an intersection? If so there were a few guys on here saying they had to get there valves adjusted at 10,000 miles because the bike wouldn't start right or would die when stopping at a traffic light.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
~03~Raven said:
Hey noleman does the bike ever die when you come to a complete stop at an intersection? If so there were a few guys on here saying they had to get there valves adjusted at 10,000 miles because the bike wouldn't start right or would die when stopping at a traffic light.
Really?!?

I will have them adjust the valves than. Thanks a lot bro! I hope that fixes the problem. I will have the thottle bodies syn and the valves adjusted and report back. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Noleman said:
Really?!?

I will have them adjust the valves than. Thanks a lot bro! I hope that fixes the problem. I will have the thottle bodies syn and the valves adjusted and report back. Thanks for the input guys.
You might search around here first to see if it sounds like the same thing I'll see if i can find one of the threads I was talking about. Only reason i say you might want to search or pm someone is because I don't think the Valve adjustment is covered and it can be a bit costly.

ok here are two of the threads.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46135

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52332&highlight=valves+adjusted

Also you may want to pm R6lifer, I know he has experienced this first hand. Could be valves, could be coils, could be something even as simple as a fuel line under the tank like in paytheons case.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
~03~Raven said:
I don't think the Valve adjustment is covered and it can be a bit costly.
My bike came with a maintenence plan so it should be covered if it is part of the scheduled maintenece. But I will defenetly sheck out those threads and PM r6lifer.

·
Injected with a poison
193 Posts
I have the EXACT same problem with my R6.....which is how I found this thread.....looking for answers......

I brought my bike in to have it looked at: spark plugs were changed, and I was told the throttle bodies were a little out of alignment, so I had them adjusted.
Air filter is new, and the bike has been service as per the service schedule since the day I bought it.

Problem still exists though, and now that the weather is getting cooler out, the problem is even worse.....the damn thing stalls out when I pull in the clutch until the temp gets above 175 or so.

Noleman, did you ever get the valves adjusted as per this thread? did it help?

·
keep on keep'n on
230 Posts
Hey um... i dont want to get you excited but i had pretty much the same problem. i had a 2001 r6 and it kept dying on me when i pulled the clutch in and would idle sometimes on its own. I sold the biek to someone who likes to fix bikes and when he took it apart he told me one of the pistons were scored... and it wasnt running on all the cylinders. so.... I had nothing but problems with that damn bike... The clutch blew out at like 155 and i had everything rebuild and it never ran the same again.. then that shit happened with the not idling problem. so good luck and i hope its an easy fix... thats why i had yo buy a new bike. its with me more than in the shop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts