Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Team Yamaha Blue!
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my friends cbr 600RR and I liked it. Couple things i noticed was it felt more stable and less jerky than my R6. My R6 seems to have more low end though... Anyone like the CBR and would you buy one?

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
It was a toss up between the CBR and the R6 for me. I sat on both, and the R6 just seems to be better quality to me. As far as your controls, gauge cluster, basically everything you look at while riding, I liked the R6 more. And the seating felt more aggressive on the R6, which I liked.

I love the look of the new CBR1K, and if they would have made that body style on the 600RR, I would be on a Honda right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I rode both R6 and CBR 600 before buying one. Even tested the CBR600 on track and have to say it bored the pants off me! Too small a bike for me and Im average height. I ended up getting leg cramp and found the throttle stiffer than my R6. It did feel stable and secure, but boring. The R6 gives me big smiles every time

·
Registered
282 Posts
They certainly don't look bad, but I still think the 6 is the sexiest bike of the 600s.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
The 08+ 1000rr's look ugly as sin. mainly the front, but the 600rr's look good, just don't think I'd ever get one.

·
I ate your sister
533 Posts
The CBR has a more comfortable riding ergo. The R6 in more agile.
The R6 looks way better than the CBR.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
my boy just got an 09 and he LOVES it. He has had a lot of different makes and models and he enjoys this one the most. I have pondered getting one as a DD.

-Ant.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
I rode my friends cbr 600RR and I liked it. Couple things i noticed was it felt more stable and less jerky than my R6. My R6 seems to have more low end though... Anyone like the CBR and would you buy one?
More stable, less jerky? What does that even mean? And stock for stock the Honda has a higher torque curve than the R6. :dunce:

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
More stable, less jerky? What does that even mean? And stock for stock the Honda has a higher torque curve than the R6. :dunce:
That's exactly what I was thinking.

The CBR should have more low end than the 6.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
the CBR is the only other bike i'd ride - currently. :fact

edit: and "less jerky" just means your throttle control on the "track bike" (R6) isn't where it should be. at least that's my take.

·
Team Yamaha Blue!
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the CBR is the only other bike i'd ride - currently. :fact

edit: and "less jerky" just means your throttle control on the "track bike" (R6) isn't where it should be. at least that's my take.
Yea i guess my throttle control sux. When i rode the cbr just seemed easier and a little more comfortable. This is my first season so im still a noob.

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
CBRs are ok.. never rode one but i just love how the R6 looks.. my next bike will be a ducati or a triumph naked bike.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Yea i guess my throttle control sux. When i rode the cbr just seemed easier and a little more comfortable. This is my first season so im still a noob.
it's just seat time - the cbr is a good all aorund bike. it's more comfortable on the street, and you can see the throttle is more forgiving. i like it - but i'm with astebbs... i'd ride a 1000rr before i rode the 600rr. those honda liters are PIMP.

·
Team Yamaha Blue!
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it's just seat time - the cbr is a good all aorund bike. it's more comfortable on the street, and you can see the throttle is more forgiving. i like it - but i'm with astebbs... i'd ride a 1000rr before i rode the 600rr. those honda liters are PIMP.
Yea my friend just sold his 600RR and got an 07 1000RR which he let me ride and it was sweet!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts