Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here live in San Antonio? I go to UTSA and I see a lot of R6s. I ride a 2004 R6 and would like to see a San Antonio R6 bike night. JUst a thought.

Peace

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I was born there, but I guess that doesn't count. I'm about 5 hours north of ya bro.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I live in SA, near sea world in Hill Country Villas apartments. I've got an 03' R6, liquid silver. let me know if you'd like to ride.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah man I live near loop 1604. Im actually waiting for my subframe to come is ( i flipped it last week). I should have in within a few days. Then the 6 will be good to ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, I live in SA too. I live off of Heubner and Babcock about 5 minutes from you. I've got an '03 Blue R6 but unfortunately, I need a new motor due to laying it down a while back. I'm in Austin making some money right now and am trying to find a motor. I should have one in a couple of weeks though hopefully. I see a lot of R6's around where I live over on the NW side of town. Do you ever go out to the races at 151(Culebra & 1604)? I see a lot of bikes out there. If you don't know where it is...I could tell you how to get there or show you. The races are on Thursday nights at 10. Then everyone leaves there and goes to this guys shop at Eckert and Bandera. That's where I see most of the bikes at. Let me know if you ever wanna go out there. I go every week. Sorry for the novel...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey 03R6. Yeah that would be cool. Id like to check out the scene on Thurs night. I live near Culebra right off of 1604. Anyways I changed out my subframe and now its good to go. I have some other parts I still need to replace but it rides. So how hard did you lay your bike down to mess up the motor. Check ya later. Earthling is taking a dump.

Pooty

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm in Austin until Thursday morning so I'll be back in SA in 2 days. I might even go out Thursday night when I get back if you want to go. I layed my bike down at about 25 or 30 but it hit a curb and shattered basically. It broke the frame on the 2 welds so the bike was pretty much in 2 pieces. It also cracked the motor open where the tranny is. I had that welded since I didn't think it hurt any internals. It shifts smoothely but the motor is jacked I think. You can take a look at it if you want and tell me what you think. It's all back together now with a new paintjob. Anyway, if you wanna go out Thursday night, email me with your # or I'll give you mine. My email is [email protected]. Later...

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys ever ride out to Spects?

I don't have an R6 but am thinking about getting a older used one to play with.

Just have a mental block that won't let me push the ONE on the track. Maybe after she's paid for..... :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts