Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone going? i am. first track day ever. going to be the first time i ride my bike too. i had a r6s before, i put 36,000 street miles on it and use to ride the moutains and canyons ALOT. never been on the track, cant wait!!!!
anyone ever been to cvr? tell me stuff about it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, looking at pictures it looks smooth. i read an article in the roadracing worl magazine a long time ago, n they talked about building the track, they said they put some kind of glue on the sand around the track so that not much sand can go onto the track

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o yea, im going counter clockwise too. i dont plan on pushing too hard this time around, im gonna try n take it easy, learn the track n learn my bike too. can u tell me some info about the pits? i plan on getting there the night before n sleeping there in my friends toybox

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I was there for the first time a few weeks, on my 2nd track day ever. If you're showing up at night, the entrance is kind of hard to spot. The track is down the same road as the airport - Google maps makes it look like it's way down the road past the airport, so be aware of that. Me and my buddy spent like an hour driving around staring at the GPS trying to figure out where the damn track was at 1am.

The track itself is really smooth and a lot of fun. There's one patch of pavement on the whole thing that'll give you a little bump when you hit. Running counter-clockwise you probably won't roll over it (I ran it clockwise). There's no long main straight, so you're really working pretty hard the whole way through every lap. There's some really fun, interesting, technical turns.

It's really in the middle of nowhere, so make sure you pack up everything you need. There's not much in the way of facilities. The paddock area is basically just a big parking lot.

·
Love To Ride!!
620 Posts
o yea, im going counter clockwise too. i dont plan on pushing too hard this time around, im gonna try n take it easy, learn the track n learn my bike too. can u tell me some info about the pits? i plan on getting there the night before n sleeping there in my friends toybox

What kind of info would you like about the pits?

Like Fallis said the "paddock" is just a parking lot for the most part. There are bathrooms and some grand stands but that's it. If you camp out you'll see other guys doing the same and it usually turns into a little party lol.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
An absolute fun track. Not like BumpyWillow or Streets where it is all hammered. There is a couple of patchy stuff like going clockwise, turn 10 (from the blind corner, turn 9), there is a patch right at the apex marker where I found that you could slide a bit if you get on the throttle too fast/hard. Then the top part of the "bowl" could be a bit sketchy too. I think it is the best coming next to Fontana for down here in SOCAL. CCW will be interesting with turn 10,9 and 8. Going up hill off cambered on turn nine should be fun.

Robin

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can u bring bbqs into the pits? my friend will have his trailer so just as long as we have gas for the generator well have everything we need, right? were going try n get there early just before the sun goes down so that we can find the place good. if we camp there the night before can we camp there the next night too with out having to pay again?

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
can u bring bbqs into the pits? my friend will have his trailer so just as long as we have gas for the generator well have everything we need, right? were going try n get there early just before the sun goes down so that we can find the place good. if we camp there the night before can we camp there the next night too with out having to pay again?
Yes you can BBQ into the PITS. The paddock is just a slab of asphalt with a couple of PORTAPOTTIES. You will be able to camp out and would pay for the trailer/truck on a per night basis as well as a fee per person per night which is at a minimal fee. It is much better than having to get lodging which is a ways away from the actual track. Are you doing two days (SAT and SUN)? If you are, get there about 4pm or right before the sun gets down on Friday and you should be fine. We’ve camped out there before and it’s okay. Which TRACK ORG are you going with? I think it is just TRACKDAZ and SOCAL TRACK RIDERS (No Session Format) are the only ones I know of that are utilizing it for MC Trackdays. Take It To The Track is not scheduled this year.

Have fun and post some PICS. Street riding (Canyons or not) is still different from riding the track. Now you can really test what your bike can do. Make sure you test your capabilities first as I am sure that the bike can do a lot more. I’ve yet to push the limit of my bike.

V/R
Chief

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going with trackdaz. were only doing 1 day track on a friday, we wed would get there around 7 thursday and just leave in the am on saturday. were coming from san diego and since my friend had a trailer well just sleep there n wont have to drive home at night. is there a trailer dump site there? i would love to do a 2 day track weekend sometime.

·
Love To Ride!!
620 Posts
im going with trackdaz. were only doing 1 day track on a friday, we wed would get there around 7 thursday and just leave in the am on saturday. were coming from san diego and since my friend had a trailer well just sleep there n wont have to drive home at night. is there a trailer dump site there? i would love to do a 2 day track weekend sometime.

Yes there is a trailer dump site, and as said before you can BBQ in the "paddock."

Trackdaz runs a nice event, have fun and post some pics. I almost made it out to the weekend you're going but with a wedding coming up I have been veto'd by the soon to be wife on spending any more cash until after the wedding:thumbdown: LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will be there 4/15 in a Gray/Purple 4runner. Will be towing a white CBR600RR and, god knows what my bike will be (might be primered, or painted hahah) R6 in track plastics.

We plan to spend the night AFTER the track day .. bbq, booze up a bit.. relax.

Come by n' say hello! we'll be riding B group.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will be there 4/15 in a Gray/Purple 4runner. Will be towing a white CBR600RR and, god knows what my bike will be (might be primered, or painted hahah) R6 in track plastics.

We plan to spend the night AFTER the track day .. bbq, booze up a bit.. relax.

Come by n' say hello! we'll be riding B group.
cool man, ill keep an eye out for u. ill be with my 08r6 with primered plastics too, lol. but ill b in the c group, maybe people will c u going fast in the b group n think its me, haha. ill b with my friend, he has a blue r6s. we will have his blue expedition with his toy hauler. my brother in law might be there too with his ktm super moto, he might not be there cause he was too cheap to pitch in on gas n told me hes gonng drive alone, so hes being a punk, not sure if i wanna have hin around or not. but well be there the night before n that night till the morning. cu there!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
cool, we'll be by the night before, but will arrive around midnight, not sure if the gates will b open. not sure where we're gonna setup.. but we'll see ya there!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
from the info i got from calling the track they said gates close at 9pm n open at 7am. the guy over the phone told me if we end up getting there pass 9 to call him n let him know, i guess maybe he will keep the gate open a little longer? im not sure how much longer he can keep it open till 12 or not? we were gonna get there at 7 but since my brother in law isnt coming with us me n my friend r going leave san diego at 3 n try n get there before the sun goes down. if u c our pit set up right next to us, would be cool to somewhat know someone out there. if u dont set up next to us ill keep n eye out for u anyways. where r u coming from anyways?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts