Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got bad luck....I went to go practice for my test today (after owning and riding my r6 for 2 months) I thought I'd had enough practice, but I went to a course that most of test was on a hill. I was gonna run through it a couple of times and then take my test. Well I was not comfortable with this course to begin with and my husband said he had a rough time too, but I'd be ok if I practiced...As my luck would have it, I leaned the bike a little too much on the downhill slope and yep you guessed it...it dropped! I was peed off for sure and now I have a scratched up right fairing, a broke foot peg and minor other scratches and I'm in desperate need of knowing where to get this stuff at a fraction of the cost...any advice????

Helpless in MO:menace

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
If at all possible, borrow someone's 250 to take the test on. You'll pass it no prob.

Which footpeg? I have a spare. I think it's left... I'll double-check when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If at all possible, borrow someone's 250 to take the test on. You'll pass it no prob.

Which footpeg? I have a spare. I think it's left... I'll double-check when I get home tonight.
im assuming its the right foorpeg since she scratched her right fairings up

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
ebay would prob be the cheapest. Besides there, check around the forums for people that have some spare parts. You may just want to fix the footpeg, and wait until you feel more comfortable on the bike to replace the fairing. I'm not saying your going to keep falling, but just incase, that way you don't have to keep spending money on parts. Good luck with the parts find.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your help....I bid on a fairing on ebay, but the guy described it as a diff color red than what my bike color is, but it looked the same...I didn't get it...I can get one brand new for 175 bucks, so may go that way. I don't know anyone with a 250 or taht would be the way to go...ufortunately I'm the only girl in the group and the smallest one at that! Maybe something will work out! Untill then...stay safe!

·
Sexy Time
757 Posts
yeah just wait it out on ebay, also you can call around to your local shops and see if they will cut you a deal. frame sliders should be a near future purchase as well. For a 250 for the test look in craigslist , people will often put theirs up for rent.

·
Registered
83 Posts
+1 for the MSF course. They are inexpensive and very worth it. Here in my neck of the woods, they offer it at Honda. All day SAT and half day on Sunday. If you pass the class at the end of Sunday, you can take it to the DMV and get your license without re-testing. BIG bonus.

I took my test for endorsement over 10 years ago... and I did the same thing. Don't beat yourself up too bad. I took my test on a 1990 CBR "Hurricane" 600. It was a beast. I rode and rode and no one told me that the test was 99% slow speed manuvering.

Now that you know what it's all about, try and find a similar area and practice, practice, practice. Your second time around will be a breeze.

Or, like others have suggested, find someone with a little bike. A scooter would be even easier and is classified as a motorcycle in most states. Automatic! Although.... I'm sure everyone would rather see you perfect it on the bike you choose to ride day to day. Slow speed manuvering is a big part of your daily ride.

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
Ebay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts