I think I got hosed..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
specChen said:
what does it say on the box ??

it that filter for the 04 r6 ??
Doesnt say shit, shop had it as an 03. they said they have never heard of a change in the filter.. im sure its the wrong one since it has limited surface area. But just trying to make sure before I give them a hard time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a K&n on my bike. It's an 04. That one looks about right. You have to take remove the seal that came from the factory that your original air filter sits on. The K&N forms its own seal when you put it on. Hope I didn't confuse you.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Maybe this is why we've been hearing the K&N isn't better than the stock filter. It looks like it would be more restrictive.
Let us know how it performs.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Here's my take on the whole Air filter thingy.....I'm not exactly sure how the whole thing works but.....

I would venture to say that the purpose for the smaller surface area of the filter would be, not to restrict air flow, but to concentrate it even more and make it more forcefull as it meets up with the fuel and is dumped into the cylinder heads....Isn't that the basis behind the RAM air intakes....to funnel the air into the engine in a RAMMING sort of fashion.....I don't know if all of my termonology is correct but that's just how I view it....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.....

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
RSixxr said:
Here's my take on the whole Air filter thingy.....I'm not exactly sure how the whole thing works but.....

I would venture to say that the purpose for the smaller surface area of the filter would be, not to restrict air flow, but to concentrate it even more and make it more forcefull as it meets up with the fuel and is dumped into the cylinder heads....Isn't that the basis behind the RAM air intakes....to funnel the air into the engine in a RAMMING sort of fashion.....I don't know if all of my termonology is correct but that's just how I view it....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.....
well actually ram air is basically a fluke till u hit about70 anyways, but surface area on a filter is better then make a more forceful air flow, the abililty to suck in more air with ease is better. if the bike has to suck harder to get the air u lose HP. hence the ram air thing helpin horsepower, its pushing it in making the engine not work so hard to get fresh air :cheers

and brav, u got the right filter, just gotta take that seal out like imgone said. :cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts