Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says all. I'm super close to buying one, and from what I've heard it's a good investment. I heard from one person that it's a little on the loud side in terms of filtering out sound.

Anyone have any experience with these Carbon fiber helmets? Are they noticeably lighter than other helmets? How do they hold up in cold weather?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jake the Garden Snake motovlogger is a spokesman for Rhok and may be able to get you a discount on one. They're not very big in the U.S. I think they're an Australian brand.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Jake the Garden Snake motovlogger is a spokesman for Rhok and may be able to get you a discount on one. They're not very big in the U.S. I think they're an Australian brand.
X2 ^^ Jake can get them for you for a decent price. It's originally Australian but right now the Australian part of the company is down due to a medical need in the family. The U.S. Part is open and Jake is the one who runs it and a few others help him (RMC, Rhock Moto Crew). From what I've heard and read they are really good helmets and they are on par if not more than others in its price range. You can pretty much compare them to high end Shoei's, etc... I'd see if you can find the research yourself but Jake will pretty much tell you to buy one, but hey that's how he makes a living so it goes both ways.

Sent via smoke signals from the R6

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
I like Nexx.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
No but I want the Revolution one, Its just hard to find. The ebay store has been sold out for quite some time.

Jakethegardensnake did a review of them a few months back, its what he uses to vlog, so it has to be somewhat quiet. They look awesome, I may end up getting one sometime this year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You should wear earplugs regardless if you out in any regular miles on your bike. Constant engine noise slowly cause hearing loss, and you'll never get it back.

I wear Etymotic sound isolating ear phones that limit how loud my music can play. Others will say ear plugs aren't safe/illegal/cumbersome, yards, yada, yada.

I'll let others debate the merits. I prefer to save my hearing.

Btw, I use a carbon fiber Xpeed, also known as a joe rocket speed master. They're freaking awesome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts