Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have any kind of motorcycle pants I normally just wear a leather jacket and jeans. I will eventually buy some leather pants when I get on the track but for now I need to be a little bit more safe in my everyday gear. I want to buy some motorcycle specific jeans with pads in the knees and hopefully in the hips as well. What are your thoughts and what products have you used? I liked these Shift pants I saw on Kneedraggers.com

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Shift_Torque_Street_Jean--617498.html

Anyone have these or something similar? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I didn't buy jeans but I did buy some alter ego over pants from new enough and I can't speak more highly of them they go on easy and come off easy. I would definitely recommend them on hot days in traffic you feel it but once moving they are not bad at all. It has a mesh panel you remove for more ventilation and also a rain liner as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered those exact jeans from kneedraggers on the 1st of this month. If they ever get here I'll let you know how they are.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have two pairs of the Shift Torque jeans and there awsome. Look good and feel pretty good. A little bit thicker than like Levis but thats a good thing. Get em you wont be dissapointed

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I have a pair of the Shift Lodown jeans. I'm very happy with them. They're comfortable for walking around and whatever. They're a little baggier than I'd prefer, and they're a little long, but once you get on the bike, they're perfect

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
I have icon. They give good ventalation but they are very thick in padding and on a hot day with no wind when standing still you will get the sweety but and nuts.

·
Lets go fishing4twisties
209 Posts

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
I ordered those exact jeans from kneedraggers on the 1st of this month. If they ever get here I'll let you know how they are.
u ever got the jeans?

i am looking to buy some pants as well

are these comfortable? how is ventilation?

·
Ore wa Gandamu da
360 Posts
Get em you wont be dissapointed
Have you gone down and had the pants not rip on you to know this?

Just curious.

How nice they feel while riding isn't as important as how they'll do when they're put to the test of their purpose.

Can anyone with a pair of "riding" jeans that has gone down at a decent speed give any reviews please?

Also, even if they don't rip, without pads they won't stop you from banging up your knee or hips.

I would just ante up and just buy a pair of leather pants or at least some mesh/textile ones.

I have a set of 'riding' jeans. I dropped my bike at low speed and hit my knee on the ground. Jeans didn't rip apart but my knee hurt pretty good for a couple days. I decided to just get some padded leather pants instead and not wait for the jeans to be tested at a normal traffic speed.

·
790 Posts
well, i know that no jeans would protect from banging your legs against various stuff on the road or even if one is thrown from a bike, he/she would land pretty bad....

I was looking for comfortable, yet protective jeans/cargo pants prefferably for rides around town... i got knee/shin armor for undernese and just need descent abrasion resistance... another feature i am looking for in the moto jeans is more hot weather orientation, some vents/air friendly material.... i was looking at ICON Super Duty 2 as well as dragging jeans (they have cargo styles too)

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you gone down and had the pants not rip on you to know this?

Just curious.

How nice they feel while riding isn't as important as how they'll do when they're put to the test of their purpose.

Can anyone with a pair of "riding" jeans that has gone down at a decent speed give any reviews please?

Also, even if they don't rip, without pads they won't stop you from banging up your knee or hips.

I would just ante up and just buy a pair of leather pants or at least some mesh/textile ones.

I have a set of 'riding' jeans. I dropped my bike at low speed and hit my knee on the ground. Jeans didn't rip apart but my knee hurt pretty good for a couple days. I decided to just get some padded leather pants instead and not wait for the jeans to be tested at a normal traffic speed.
Im with you on that man you need to understand this is not something I want for full on protection. I am looking for something casual that I can wear around town and for short rides. I dont expect these to be bulletproof if I go down, but they will sure as hell be better than a pair of levis!!!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I'll be pickin up a pair of jeans comin up here...just not sure which brand im going to go with yet!

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So i just ordered the Shift pants from kneedraggers.com I usually dont order from them but I figured I would give them a chance. I paid the extra 20 bucks for fast shipping and I got an e-mail confirmation saying THEY ARE EXPECTED TO SHIP WITHIN THE NEXT 6 DAYS?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF!!! I paid 20 bucks for fast shipping. Just got done writing them a nasty e-mail.

·
790 Posts
BS, get your money back (for shipping i mean)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know how to post links but if you use the search and type in Joe rocket jeans, you can see a thread starting with "joe rocket saved my brother", their a crash tested pair of the Joe rocket jeans

·
Registered
7 Posts
So i just ordered the Shift pants from kneedraggers.com I usually dont order from them but I figured I would give them a chance. I paid the extra 20 bucks for fast shipping and I got an e-mail confirmation saying THEY ARE EXPECTED TO SHIP WITHIN THE NEXT 6 DAYS?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF!!! I paid 20 bucks for fast shipping. Just got done writing them a nasty e-mail.
that is fast. considering the other guy in this thread has been waiting 3 weeks for them to ship lol.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts