Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/HD-SPDT-Relay-H...579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaee767c3

you need 2 spdt relays one for each side
2 194 bulb holders in the help section in any auto store
2 194a bulbs ( i bought hiper bright amber leds but they only last 1 season. The leds burn out with the heat from the head light)
1 rtv silicon

Take off fairing ram air covers. Each side of the headlight assembly there are small covers in each corner take them off. You will see in each corner where you will have to drill a hole for the bulb holder. Drill it out to fit the bulb holder snug. Silicone is to water proof the hole with the bulb holder.

Here is how I wired my relay SPDT.
#86 to ground on bike and all blinkers.
#85 to green or brown (Left or Right flasher 12V)
#30 to blue ( 12v for running lights)
#87a to Leds In the head lights 12v+ (Euro light blinkers OR side flush mounts to use as running and flashers) YELLOW
#87 to side blinkers and rear view mirrors (12v on when you hit turn signal)
No blinkers the Euro lights are on in the head lights.
When I hit the right blikers to turn on, The headlight blinker turns off and the top and the side factory blinker turns on.

Attachments

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
man hector... you really want people to know which way you're turning!!! :eek5

thats a lot of turn signals...

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
man hector... you really want people to know which way you're turning!!! :eek5

thats a lot of turn signals...

That is before the ducati mirrors and the flush mounts. Those pics were from 2yrs ago. Now I blind people in the day time because they seam to never see you when making left turns.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/HD-SPDT-Relay-H...579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaee767c3

you need 2 spdt relays one for each side
2 194 bulb holders in the help section in any auto store
2 194a bulbs ( i bought hiper bright amber leds but they only last 1 season. The leds burn out with the heat from the head light)
1 rtv silicon

Take off fairing ram air covers. Each side of the headlight assembly there are small covers in each corner take them off. You will see in each corner where you will have to drill a hole for the bulb holder. Drill it out to fit the bulb holder snug. Silicone is to water proof the hole with the bulb holder.

Here is how I wired my relay SPDT.
#86 to ground on bike and all blinkers.
#85 to green or brown (Left or Right flasher 12V)
#30 to blue ( 12v for running lights)
#87a to Leds In the head lights 12v+ (Euro light blinkers OR side flush mounts to use as running and flashers) YELLOW
#87 to side blinkers and rear view mirrors (12v on when you hit turn signal)
No blinkers the Euro lights are on in the head lights.
When I hit the right blikers to turn on, The headlight blinker turns off and the top and the side factory blinker turns on.

so the the ones on the headlights blink with the factory blinkers?
When you drilled the holes, how did you keep from getting plastic shavings in the headlight housing?

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
so the the ones on the headlights blink with the factory blinkers?
When you drilled the holes, how did you keep from getting plastic shavings in the headlight housing?

They are the on in the headlight. When I hit the turn signal they turn off and my mirrors and flush mounts come on.

I took the dust cover off the head light and used a shopvac to get every thing out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts