Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"All street tires WILL be "coned" (see description below), no exceptions.

"Coned"
A cone will be placed out in the inner groove of the lane directing the vehicle to move over slightly and out of the groove. This will be done to any vehicle running street tires, radials, or has been deemed by the starting staff not fit to run in the groove. If a cone has been placed in the groove in front of you, please move over to the outside of said cone and proceed with your run. DO NOT attempt to get as close as possible to the cone and/or line up at an angle to attempt to enter the groove immediately after leaving the line. Any contact with the cone and/or lining up purposely at an angle will result in being pushed off of the line and sent to the back of staging, a second infraction will result in suspension from running for the day."

I am looking to practice at a different track and found this on their website. Does anyone know why they do this and if tracks actually enforce it? I've never seen this done before at the track I go to.

·
"Old Slow Guy"
40 Posts
I've only been to 3 tracks (1 back in 87, the other 2 recently), and never seen anything like that. I imagine the rule was written to keep treaded/grooved tires from messing up the sticky rubber in the groove, that the really high hp cars rely on so heavily to get a good safe launch. All my trips have been for test and tune days lately, so maybe that rule is just something only enforced during larger events, or also might just be a rule at that particular track??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts