Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
My Power band is blue
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering pulling the trigger on a '14 wrangler unlimited today. I worked out a pretty good deal on one already. Do any of you have one? I'd only have it for 3 years or so, so I'm not worried about it drivetrain wise. Just want some opinions on having it as a daily driver.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
#KeepPounding
1,726 Posts
Dont own one, buddy owns a 2010 and loves it. They're awesome vehicles. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the 2016 Diesel. Hopefully.

·
My Power band is blue
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont own one, buddy owns a 2010 and loves it. They're awesome vehicles. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the 2016 Diesel. Hopefully.

Thanks man. I think I'll get it most likely today. The last 3 cars I've had were luxury sedans. Might be time for a change. And the engine they are using is a lot better now. It's the same one as the grand Cherokee. Plus it's fun as hell in the summer, and a beast in the snow.

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
Seems like a legit general topic about the R6's

·
My Power band is blue
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like a legit general topic about the R6's

Shit. Screwed up posting this from my phone. Could a mod move this to off topic talk please? First time in 5 years I've posted a topic in the wrong section. I think I have earned some slack. Haha

·
#KeepPounding
1,726 Posts
Thanks man. I think I'll get it most likely today. The last 3 cars I've had were luxury sedans. Might be time for a change. And the engine they are using is a lot better now. It's the same one as the grand Cherokee. Plus it's fun as hell in the summer, and a beast in the snow.

Get it bro. Its a nice change of pace from a luxury sedan. They're utilitarian and simple. Fun in the summer and the aftermarket is monstrous. The only complaint I have in the sappy little 3.6L they currently have, it feels weak noe and I'd want 35"s or better so it have trouble.pulling them and fuel mileage would suffer. If they decide to put the little 3.0L VM Motori diesel or baby Cummins from the Frontier in it, I'd be thrilled to own one.

·
Harlequinn
282 Posts
Just my opinion, but I think that 3.8L is an underpowered chrysler minivan motor.

If you want a jeep, I'd look towards a Toyota FJ first. The "off-road" edition is great, and you can get it in an all-time AWD setup if you can drive stick. Otherwise, automatics are awd when the computer decides it's necessary.

·
#KeepPounding
1,726 Posts
Just my opinion, but I think that 3.8L is an underpowered chrysler minivan motor.

If you want a jeep, I'd look towards a Toyota FJ first. The "off-road" edition is great, and you can get it in an all-time AWD setup if you can drive stick. Otherwise, automatics are awd when the computer decides it's necessary.
They stopped offering the 3.8L in 08/09ish I believe, they offer the even weaker 3.6L in the JK now.

·
#KeepPounding
1,726 Posts
The 3.6 puts out about 80 more hp than the 3.8 from what I understand.

And it may, I honestly dont know the stats/numbers, but It just doesnt feel like it is my point. The Inline 4.0L felt stronger in the TJs. The majority of people say the 3.6 is low end torque-ier but doesn't feel much different other than that. Its not a terrible engine, I just want more ya know? I still don't think you'll be disappointed. They're just fcucking fun vehicles.

When they offer a diesel in them, I assure you I'll be on the waiting list.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a 2012 four door with the 3.6L and its a good dd vehicle. Keep in mind that they are not insulated, so it will be cold in the winter and all the JKs LEAK through the firewall. If it rains, then your front carpets will be wet.

DO NOT buy an FJ, they are not comparable. I had an FJ and it sucked balls plus you cant take the top off.

I have towed a 6x12 enclosed trailer with three bikes in it with the Jeep and it does ok. Towing one bike short distances is fine, so its not a terrible vehicle for occasionally towing small stuff.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wait. Every time it rains the carpets get wet?

Yep, they may have fixed it for the new ones. It is a known problem. Anytime it rains, the front carpet is damp, not soaked. The carpets are some what designed to get wet. They are semi-mildew resistant or some shit.

Edit: It may just be the 2012s. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/why-the-2012-leaks-under-the-passenger-floormat-181506.html

You can check easily, just go to the dealer after it rains and check the front carpets.

·
My R6 is the bees knees.
99 Posts
Ahhh the "grocery getter". My brother had an 07 JK Rubicon 4 inch lift with 35s and it didn't feel sluggish at all and he never had this problem of when it rains the carpet gets wet? Come to think I'm sitting in my 03 wrangler sport right meow and it's *****ing pouring out and it's as dry as Betty White's punani up in here.

I say get it man.

·
My Power band is blue
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good to hear that the carpet thing isn't a problem for everyone. I looked into it and it seems to be isolated to that year. I just finished buying it, and now it's headed to the car audio shop for a new sound system. The stock audio sounds pretty bad. Can't wait to pick it up on Friday. Now I just need to find a place to keep my hard top this season.

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
Pretty!

Shoulda bought a toy hauler though. :D

·
My R6 is the bees knees.
99 Posts
Love that color man you don't see many of them on the road.

Upgraded sound system was a great call which I did as well and since it's your DD I would look into upgrading the headlights bc they are complete garbage on all wranglers. I was gonna put projectors in my 6 but decided the jeep needs it more. Food for thought my friend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.