Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
HONKEY KONG
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need the scoop on good areas to live in Richmond, VA. Getting ready to move there for work and havent been able to find an apartment I like yet.

·
bacon bits
134 Posts
theres some decent spots to live, got a bunch of buddies that went to vcu and just ended up staying there. obviously parts of richmond arent the best but you can find nice spots

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,450 Posts

·
:popcorn:
1,853 Posts
Thanks! So first question: where NOT to live? haha
Like the post above, you lookin to live in the city or in the surrounding areas? If in the city, mainly just avoid church hill. Some areas of it are really nice and historic, some are pretty sketch. As a blanket statement though I'd stay out of there. Once I know where you're looking to be I can probably recommend some places, or if you have some in mind already I can definitely give you a yay or nay on them to narrow down your list some. If you want, you're more than welcome to PM me and I'll give you my number too if that would help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the West end is decent, and midlothian is decent too, or certain spots by vir

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
Like the post above, you lookin to live in the city or in the surrounding areas? If in the city, mainly just avoid church hill. Some areas of it are really nice and historic, some are pretty sketch. As a blanket statement though I'd stay out of there. Once I know where you're looking to be I can probably recommend some places, or if you have some in mind already I can definitely give you a yay or nay on them to narrow down your list some. If you want, you're more than welcome to PM me and I'll give you my number too if that would help.
:cheers

·
HONKEY KONG
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, Ive already got the heads up on Church Hill! :lmao Im looking for an apartment since Im on a time crunch and I already own the condo I live in now, so Im not wanting to buy. Heres some of the areas/complexes Ive looked at:

-Dominion West End (Short Pump)
-The Madison at Sprink Oak (Short Pump)
-Lake Ridge Square (Ashland)
-Copper Spring

·
1,853 Posts
Yea, Ive already got the heads up on Church Hill! :lmao Im looking for an apartment since Im on a time crunch and I already own the condo I live in now, so Im not wanting to buy. Heres some of the areas/complexes Ive looked at:

-Dominion West End (Short Pump)
-The Madison at Sprink Oak (Short Pump)
-Lake Ridge Square (Ashland)
-Copper Spring
So out of those I would say either Ashland or short pump. I'm not a huge fan of the innsbrook area where Copper Spring is. Nothing at all wrong with it, I would just be the extra distance to short pump. There's more to do, everything is newer and a bit nicer. I would probably recommend the two short pump places as the best two based off of location. There's a huge new mall out there with a ton of restaurants, gyms, movie theatre, and all that stuff. There's just a lot more to do out that way. If I get out that way this weekend I'll run by those two places and give you my opinion if you want.

EDIT: Just looked closer and I would say based off of location alone, The Madison would be my pick since it's right in the heart of all the mall and development. There's several different apartments right through there that offer different commodities and prices and stuff.

·
In Her Dreams
562 Posts
So out of those I would say either Ashland or short pump. I'm not a huge fan of the innsbrook area where Copper Spring is. Nothing at all wrong with it, I would just be the extra distance to short pump. There's more to do, everything is newer and a bit nicer. I would probably recommend the two short pump places as the best two based off of location. There's a huge new mall out there with a ton of restaurants, gyms, movie theatre, and all that stuff. There's just a lot more to do out that way. If I get out that way this weekend I'll run by those two places and give you my opinion if you want.

EDIT: Just looked closer and I would say based off of location alone, The Madison would be my pick since it's right in the heart of all the mall and development. There's several different apartments right through there that offer different commodities and prices and stuff.

+1

Also varina area isn't bad, like around highland springs and the airport area IMO. Can't really go wrong with anything in the northern end of Chesterfield County either. I'd go with chesterfield because of the access to some descent roads. Right around HWY 288 and above is pretty descent. (yes it says texas but that's cuz of the military). How soon are you coming I'll be there soon for leave, and my bikes there:toocool: Let us know if you have questions.

·
HONKEY KONG
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far Ive got it narrowed down to 2 places by Shot Pump and 1 by VCC. The Short Pump ones put me further from my office than the one at VCC but they seem to be in a nicer area. I like the Madison at Spring Oak (some cuties work the office too :fact) but theres quite a bit of difference in price/space compared to the others. I just need to make up my mind on how much space Im really going to need vs space I want.

·
1,853 Posts
So far Ive got it narrowed down to 2 places by Shot Pump and 1 by VCC. The Short Pump ones put me further from my office than the one at VCC but they seem to be in a nicer area. I like the Madison at Spring Oak (some cuties work the office too :fact) but theres quite a bit of difference in price/space compared to the others. I just need to make up my mind on how much space Im really going to need vs space I want.
VCC area is not bad at all, it's actually a really nice area, the mall itself is just garbage. I actually live closer to VCC than short pump, I just recommended the short pump area over the others originally because there's a bit more to do and it's still growing.

·
HONKEY KONG
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VCC area is not bad at all, it's actually a really nice area, the mall itself is just garbage. I actually live closer to VCC than short pump, I just recommended the short pump area over the others originally because there's a bit more to do and it's still growing.
Ok thanks. I liked the one at VCC because it was closer to work and has more space. Short Pump is nice, but Im not much of a shopper so I can always drive there if I want something vs living there and dealing with the traffic. Heres a map of where I am looking. This area ok?

·
1,853 Posts
Ok thanks. I liked the one at VCC because it was closer to work and has more space. Short Pump is nice, but Im not much of a shopper so I can always drive there if I want something vs living there and dealing with the traffic. Heres a map of where I am looking. This area ok?

Yeah man, that's a totally fine area. Short pump is the fancy new place, so everything out there costs more, especially living expenses. Also, it's like a 15 minute drive, so like you said its an easy trip. No areas around there are "bad" or anywhere worth worrying about.

·
HONKEY KONG
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah man, that's a totally fine area. Short pump is the fancy new place, so everything out there costs more, especially living expenses. Also, it's like a 15 minute drive, so like you said its an easy trip. No areas around there are "bad" or anywhere worth worrying about.
You have no idea how much help that is since I dont live in Richmond or know anything about it :fact.

Thanks!

·
1,853 Posts
You have no idea how much help that is since I dont live in Richmond or know anything about it :fact.

Thanks!
Yep, not a problem. The only actual bad areas for the most part are in the city itself, not surrounding areas. Even those aren't that bad in the scheme of things, a little common sense goes a long way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts