Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Never tried the larger vaporizers, I did get a e-cig(blucigs) a couple of year ago. I didn't like it, I found my self using it when I didn't need a smoke because I could and it never kept me from wanting a cigarette. I do know a few people who have quit smoking using e-cigs and vaporizers. :flex:

IMO as for them being safer/better for you than cigarettes, I have always felt not enough research was done on them and I've read a few articles that claim they actually may be worse for you.

Until I am ready to quit, I'll stick to my Natural American Spirit Cigarettes. They're 100% additive free they have to be better for you, right? :laugh

Anyway, I wish you luck on quitting or I should say staying quit.

As for the mechanical ones, I have no comment...:sing
I recently had this discussion with a friend. Short answer is "hell no". The tobacco leaves themselves release plenty of nasty chemicals and carcinogens when they are burned. The leaves are actually poisonous enough that when they are wet they shouldn't even be handled without gloves.

I've used the e-cigs before, and I can tell you from experience that the singles you can buy at the gas station or whatever are pretty much complete crap compared to a proper vaporizer with good juice. Think of one of those shitty single "cigars" that you can get at any place for $0.99 vs a real cigar. Those blu cigs specifically suck.

I've moved on to the gum, and while it is more expensive and you obviously don't get the whole "taking a hit" feeling, it is enough for me. That, and I can do it anywhere without people thinking I'm sucking on a chrome dildo.

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
i did my research... even with medical field. vegetable glycerin in the lungs 100%, without doubt, DOES NOT INCREASE risk for any lung disease. i'm not a fan of the propylene glycol (the other liquid often found in juices), not only b/c of the "chemical sounding name" but b/c of the way it feels... the "community" calls it a "throat hit" like hot cig smoke, but eh. so i just do 100% VG with synthetic nicotine (3mg/ml (which is like 3 cigs worth)), organic flavor (which can be steeped at home so you know what's in it) and that will last me about 2 days. and that's on the weekend. during the week - 1ml will last me all work week... as i only do this MOSTLY when i'm drinking. :D
Well, I've been looking into a bit more and from what I can see you are right. I think the few articles I read are stemming from the government trying to get e-cigs and vaporizers classified as tobacco products.

Thanks for posting links to fastech they seem to have great prices, I just ordered this group. Like I said I'm not ready to quit smoking, I'm just hoping to use this to cut back some.

Ego Twist
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1408806

Innokin iClear 16 Top Coil Clearomizer
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1384000

CE4 Round Mouth Clearomizer
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1458701

CE5 Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1151101

USB Charger
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1290800

I also just ordered 3 15ml bottles of juice from these guys for under $10 w/ shipping. They use 40/60 pg/vg

http://killer-juice.com

Btw,
This is a interesting watch.

I recently had this discussion with a friend. Short answer is "hell no". The tobacco leaves themselves release plenty of nasty chemicals and carcinogens when they are burned. The leaves are actually poisonous enough that when they are wet they shouldn't even be handled without gloves.

I've used the e-cigs before, and I can tell you from experience that the singles you can buy at the gas station or whatever are pretty much complete crap compared to a proper vaporizer with good juice. Think of one of those shitty single "cigars" that you can get at any place for $0.99 vs a real cigar. Those blu cigs specifically suck.

I've moved on to the gum, and while it is more expensive and you obviously don't get the whole "taking a hit" feeling, it is enough for me. That, and I can do it anywhere without people thinking I'm sucking on a chrome dildo.
While, I agree with what you are saying I fell they have to be "somewhat" better for you than other brands(I know it's like saying getting hit with 8" frying pan is better than getting hit with a 10").
All I know is since I have switched to them, I'm not congested in the mornings anymore and they taste much cleaner as well.

I'm feeling sick just thinking about gas station cigars...:fact:laugh

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
How are you liking your mech mod?

I'm actually really enjoying vaping with this ego.

I'm enjoying it so much I bought a Chi You clone, Magma RDA clone, 3 rolls of kanthal, some Japanese cotton and 6 batteries. I should have everything in next week.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
I feel like I walked in to a fcucking foreign bar in this thread, I don't have a clue what any of you guys are talking about.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts

·
I have 2 belly buttons.
1,951 Posts
Ordered all the stuff to start making my own juice. Dripping all day doesn't exactly come cheap. This should soften the blow pretty good. Go from paying $15-$20 for 30ml to $2-$3.

·
12,482 Posts
I feel like I walked in to a fcucking foreign bar in this thread, I don't have a clue what any of you guys are talking about.
Same here...

All I can figure out is that me and you are the only ones that don't have an oral fixation on anything. :lmao

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ordered all the stuff to start making my own juice. Dripping all day doesn't exactly come cheap. This should soften the blow pretty good. Go from paying $15-$20 for 30ml to $2-$3.
That's what I do. It's so cheap that if my recipe sucks I can dump it out and start over without feeling like I'm wasting money. It's only 10ml for my trial runs.

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
**** me, I just received my RDA I wrapped a single 26 gauge parallel coil(6 wraps it's sitting at .8 ohms.) this thing is kicking my ass.

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
oooh, that's a pretty one! i'm gonna try and heavy single-coil next time. been doing sub-ohm duals (~.75) and the vap is pretty thick but still cool. i'm going to shoot for a ~1ohm single next time to see how i like that. i only have 28awg wire though.

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
oooh, that's a pretty one! i'm gonna try and heavy single-coil next time. been doing sub-ohm duals (~.75) and the vap is pretty thick but still cool. i'm going to shoot for a ~1ohm single next time to see how i like that. i only have 28awg wire though.
Yeah, it's a semi cool vape. The issue I'm having is my juice is 60vg/40pg so the throat hit is kinda rough even at 6mg. I built two of these coils I was going to run it in dual coil mode but with this juice I think it would be a bit much.

I'll order some in 80vg/20pg when Killer Juice starts their .99 sale on Wednesday.

26 gauge is actually cheaper on Amazon than 28 is for some odd reason. :flex:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JTGYS40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I also have a roll of this coming in Wednesday
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Lightning-Vapes-Kanthal-Resistance/dp/B00H8DQ01U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410223393&sr=8-1&keywords=24+Gauge+AWG+A1[/ame]

·
I have 2 belly buttons.
1,951 Posts
Shit, I've been running .1 ohm as of lately. I don't know why but I've been really enjoying it. If you guys are looking for a good battery that will handle pretty much any build then Samsung 25r is the way to go right now since most of the Sony vtc batteries are impossible to find. Bevapehappy.com is actually running a sale on them right now. I think it's $14 for 2.

21 - 40 of 134 Posts