Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
**** me, I just received my RDA I wrapped a single 26 gauge parallel coil(6 wraps it's sitting at .8 ohms.) this thing is kicking my ass.
Figured out why, I apparently didn't clean it well enough. That machining oil is rough on the throat...:fact

Shit, I've been running .1 ohm as of lately. I don't know why but I've been really enjoying it. If you guys are looking for a good battery that will handle pretty much any build then Samsung 25r is the way to go right now since most of the Sony vtc batteries are impossible to find. Bevapehappy.com is actually running a sale on them right now. I think it's $14 for 2.
So you are rocking a .1 build on a 20A battery? That's a 37A draw 2amps over the 35A pulse rating. No thanks I enjoy chain vaping too much, but each to his own.

I ordered a pair of these got them in Tuesday they are Legit VTC4's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-SONY-US18650VTC4-2100mAh-30A-High-Drain-IMR-Rechargeable-Li-ion-18650-Battery-/121358197941?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item1c418324b5

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
Just got my 24 gauge Kanthal and my Japanese cotton in the mail about 15 minutes ago so..... new build.

24 gauge parallel macro coil 6 wraps sitting at about .3 ohms

·
I have 2 belly buttons.
1,951 Posts
So you are rocking a .1 build on a 20A battery? That's a 37A draw 2amps over the 35A pulse rating. No thanks I enjoy chain vaping too much, but each to his own.

I ordered a pair of these got them in Tuesday they are Legit VTC4's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-SONY-US18650VTC4-2100mAh-30A-High-Drain-IMR-Rechargeable-Li-ion-18650-Battery-/121358197941?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item1c418324b5
Do your research, the VTC batteries have a pulse rating. They can pulse at higher amp rating for certain periods of time depending on the amp draw. The rating you are talking about is the continuous rating. Don't be fooled by alot of the other batteries though. Efest advertises their pulse amp rating, not the continuous. The Samsung 25R pulses up to 100a and the VTC series can pulse as high as 150a.

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
Do your research, the VTC batteries have a pulse rating. They can pulse at higher amp rating for certain periods of time depending on the amp draw. The rating you are talking about is the continuous rating. Don't be fooled by alot of the other batteries though. Efest advertises their pulse amp rating, not the continuous. The Samsung 25R pulses up to 100a and the VTC series can pulse as high as 150a.
I understand what you are saying, but I thought I had read the pulse rating for the 25R was 35A. I was wrong, I just double checked it's showing 100A pulse(under 1 second). I prefer not to rely on a pulse rating, but that's just me.

From what I have found Efest doesn't make any batteries they are just re-wraps. I have a couple LG HE2 batteries 2500mah 20A continuous 35A Pulse those are the ones efest is re-wrapping as 2500mah 35A.

·
I have 2 belly buttons.
1,951 Posts
I understand what you are saying, but I thought I had read the pulse rating for the 25R was 35A. I was wrong, I just double checked it's showing 100A pulse(under 1 second). I prefer not to rely on a pulse rating, but that's just me.

From what I have found Efest doesn't make any batteries they are just re-wraps. I have a couple LG HE2 batteries 2500mah 20A continuous 35A Pulse those are the ones efest is re-wrapping as 2500mah 35A.
You are correct on the efest batteries. I choose not to use those because you never know what's under the wrapper. I've heard people say they are the LG batteries and I've also heard they are the vtc4 batteries.

In response to the unsafe comment. Needless to say, to each his own. What I do is my personal preference and I've never had a battery vent on me. None of my batteries have ever gotten hot either. When I first started I was a little leary of it.

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
ohhhh i just saw this!!!

:wave

I've be at it for about a month now, started on a cheap starter pen with a kangertech mini pro 3

and then, Agg hooked it up with a nemesis mod that i put a Magma RDA on.

Right now im running a simple dual coil build with 24g A-1 Kanthal wrapped 7 times reading .29ohms

not a big cloud plume but thats what i get for the Magma its all about that Flavor baby

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just got my 24 gauge Kanthal and my Japanese cotton in the mail about 15 minutes ago so..... new build.

show me the backside of that coil. two wires on each pole? just purchased some 24awg and that cloud is VERY tasty looking. :)

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
show me the backside of that coil. two wires on each pole? just purchased some 24awg and that cloud is VERY tasty looking. :)
that looks like a single coil, so it 1 wire to each terminal

dual coil would have 2 wires to each terminal

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
Yep.

Watch this... The guy is slightly irritating, but he builds some kickass coils and is informative. He does 4 wraps I did 6...

that looks like a single coil, so it 1 wire to each terminal

dual coil would have 2 wires to each terminal
It's basically two coils wrapped right next to each other.

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
DAMN YOU AGG!

got me hooked on this shit, Just went to the shop to get some liquid, to hold me over till my CCI stuff comes in, Walked out with the liquid and a mephisto.....

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
omg.

i did just attempt a dual-wire single-coil build. it's hard as fawk to do with 28awg wire. i can't wait for the thicker wire to show up. anyway, ended up at 1.01 ohms, so ~13-14 watts. supposedly. bonjour. i like a cold cloud, so .75 and up is where i like to be. just need a little warm up time when i get up there.

we'll see how it goes today - i'm working on the rear suspension of the golf cart, so i'll report back.

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
omg.

i did just attempt a dual-wire single-coil build. it's hard as fawk to do with 28awg wire. i can't wait for the thicker wire to show up. anyway, ended up at 1.01 ohms, so ~13-14 watts. supposedly. bonjour. i like a cold cloud, so .75 and up is where i like to be. just need a little warm up time when i get up there.

we'll see how it goes today - i'm working on the rear suspension of the golf cart, so i'll report back.
24 gauge is easy as hell to work with.:fact

Did you try torching the wire to get rid of some of the springiness? I haven't tried one with 28 gauge yet, I guess I know what I'm building tomorrow....:laugh

Ordered a new RDA last night.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1808003

and yea, he's annoying as balls. but he DOES build some sick coils. i wanna build "the clapton" - omg.
:werd

I think I have been looking at too many juices, I read omg as 0mg.

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts

i just built this about same ohms too.33 thing is nice this is my first single coild build i like it makes good flavor too on my magma

this mephisto RDA tho, Cloud chuckin beast!:lmao:secret

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Looking at all that getup and shit and none of you fcukers looks at that thing and goes, "maybe this might not be a good thing?" I mean yeah, I've blowtorched a few thousand brain cells, all in the name of hunger research, naturally, but I have no illusions about it being bad news. I just cant do it man. Something about all that seems unmanly to me. Maybe I am old, but my feeling is that if you're gonna smoke, you fcuking smoke and don't be a girl about it. I like to think that if my grandfather, a career navy man and base boxing champion 2 years running, ever saw me doing that, he'd punch me good and hard. Now I know we've softened up since the greatest generation. I do. I hate that its happened, but I acknowledge it. Reluctantly.

Im not going to say this little display is akin to a bunch of dudes getting together and rubbing their things together, basking in homoerotic fantasy, because, it is, but I'm not going to say that it's not.

Justin, do you see George Strait vaping? Ty Murray? McBride? John "Motherfcukin" Wayne? Hank, Sr.? No. No, you don't. I expected it from some of these guys, but part of me was hoping for Texas to hold firm on the man aspect of life. That little part of me dies a little more each time this thread is posted in. It cuts me deep, bro.

:look:

:bowroll:laugh

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
i just built this about same ohms too.33 thing is nice this is my first single coild build i like it makes good flavor too on my magma

this mephisto RDA tho, Cloud chuckin beast!:lmao:secret
Yeah, I need to build another one to put back on my Magma. I have been messing around with some dual coils on it, but I can't find one that I like.

Looking at all that getup and shit and none of you fcukers looks at that thing and goes, "maybe this might not be a good thing?" I mean yeah, I've blowtorched a few thousand brain cells, all in the name of hunger research, naturally, but I have no illusions about it being bad news. I just cant do it man. Something about all that seems unmanly to me. Maybe I am old, but my feeling is that if you're gonna smoke, you fcuking smoke and don't be a girl about it. I like to think that if my grandfather, a career navy man and base boxing champion 2 years running, ever saw me doing that, he'd punch me good and hard. Now I know we've softened up since the greatest generation. I do. I hate that its happened, but I acknowledge it. Reluctantly.

Im not going to say this little display is akin to a bunch of dudes getting together and rubbing their things together, basking in homoerotic fantasy, because, it is, but I'm not going to say that it's not.

Justin, do you see George Strait vaping? Ty Murray? McBride? John "Motherfcukin" Wayne? Hank, Sr.? No. No, you don't. I expected it from some of these guys, but part of me was hoping for Texas to hold firm on the man aspect of life. That little part of me dies a little more each time this thread is posted in. It cuts me deep, bro.

What can I say, I enjoy sucking on my robot penis....:flex:

I'm sure this shit is not good for us, but I do think it's better for us than cigarettes.... That's not the reason I'm doing it though. It's cheap as shit, I can chain vape all day long for $20-30 a month in juice. I will continue to do it as long as it's a cheap alternative to cigarettes. That just means more money for Cigars. I will never give up smoking completely because I feel very much the way you do about the pussification of America...:fact

Texas...:hehe

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts

41 - 60 of 134 Posts