1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
im looking for something like this for my 07 r6s and im not having much luck :\

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah dude, they're no way in hell an upgraded mid-pipe is giving you that much hp increase. Just get rid of the mid-pipe altogether!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
yeah, be wary of anyone touting a 15-20 hp gain on a 600. Thats just rediculous or everyone would buy it. The weight savings are good. Usually in drag racing (or any other, I suppose) you figure somewhere between 6-8 lbs is equal to 1 horsepower. Cut 15 pounds and its like getting 2 more horse (which is why most drag bikes carry the bare minimum in fuel). Hey, if you got one of those ebay chips and that pipe, you would have an extra 35 horse, giving you a nice little 135 hp R6...but eventually, reality would set in....

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
It is really for weight savings. I highly doubt much R&D went into that piece as far as gas flow and hp are concerned.

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeah i didnt believe the hype about the 15 extra hp, but mostly i wanted to know if there would be any kind of hp gained period. and if this is a diy type of mod. and if anyone has done this, did they feel an overall improvement in the motorcycles performance

·
Night Riderz
124 Posts
I have it on my bike...installation was pretty simple. It will definitly make the bike louder that's for sure. I'm not too sure about the hp gains but me and my buddy have the same bike and he has the stock set-up and I just smoked him from a dead stop yesterday. I doubt the pipe made a difference but hey, maybe it did?

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have it on my bike...installation was pretty simple. It will definitly make the bike louder that's for sure. I'm not too sure about the hp gains but me and my buddy have the same bike and he has the stock set-up and I just smoked him from a dead stop yesterday. I doubt the pipe made a difference but hey, maybe it did?
nice, so did you install yourself. how long did it take?

·
Night Riderz
124 Posts
Yea, it wasn't that hard. It probably took me just over an hour from start to finish...but I was taking my time with it.

Here's how it sounds with a Grave's Slip-On

1 - 11 of 11 Posts