Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/jackets-men/40829.php

So i read all sorts of stories of people falling and decided that i should get gear and suck it up. Before I would only ride with a helmet and boots, but today I went and bought a jacket for 190 bucks after tax. Does anyone here know if this is a good jacket? Should I have got somthing else maybe? It fits perfect, looks good and has the pads on the shoulders, elbows and back. let me know what you think..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks guys...i never tried these on and they all seemed short!!! I then realized that im not dressing to look like a pimp, rather so i dont rip my skin off...

The jacket i really wanted was a blue yamaha one, looked [email protected] but i forgot who makes it...way to much though 275 and seemed to have the same shay as the one i bought..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What jackets protect against sliding? It seems like the jacket i bought is pretty much useless because it will tear to shreds? Anyone ever fall wearing a textile jacket? I may consider returning this and getting a leather jacket.

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
What jackets protect against sliding? It seems like the jacket i bought is pretty much useless because it will tear to shreds? Anyone ever fall wearing a textile jacket? I may consider returning this and getting a leather jacket.
Get a leather jacket. If you go down and slide any farther than 5 ft in a textile jacket your going to be needing skin grafts. Its not that way in all cases maybe you crash in grass or whatever but the point is a leather jacket is going to be safer than a textile.:fact

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i've got a textile, and it saved my arm on a 10' slide (my shorts-covered legs didn't fair so well). this was back in 01. it's got some stains on it, and one tiny little hole, but i still wear it b/c the good stuff is expensive. my next one will be a mesh for daily driving, i'll use the textile for the winter, and then i'll get a leather for either long rides or for the track. we'll see.

·
Ore wa Gandamu da
360 Posts
So i read all sorts of stories of people falling and decided that i should get gear and suck it up. Before I would only ride with a helmet and boots, but today I went and bought a jacket for 190 bucks after tax. Does anyone here know if this is a good jacket? Should I have got somthing else maybe? It fits perfect, looks good and has the pads on the shoulders, elbows and back. let me know what you think..
You needed someone to tell you a story to know that pavement surfing hurts?

·
RS3X
169 Posts
I have an Icon textile jacket for right now. Once I take out the liner it's not terribly hot. Think I'll stick with this for the warmer months. I'd consider leather for when it gets cooler, but I don't think I can handle it in the summer months.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
i've got a textile, and it saved my arm on a 10' slide (my shorts-covered legs didn't fair so well). this was back in 01. it's got some stains on it, and one tiny little hole, but i still wear it b/c the good stuff is expensive. my next one will be a mesh for daily driving, i'll use the textile for the winter, and then i'll get a leather for either long rides or for the track. we'll see.
Do you still ride in shorts? :eek5

Or did you learn your lesson???

·
Registered
932 Posts
I hope he learned his lesson lol.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
YES i've learned... since then i'm a jeans and AT LEAST leather shoes (if not boots) "wear-er" and don't even get ON the bike without that jacket. i was young, and stupid. and based on the year it happened, probably on a bender (although, i can't remember) lol

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
bees+shorts+highspeeds= owies

1 - 19 of 19 Posts